🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Do I have to pay service fees to Upwork regar...
Page options
fc1ce002
Community Member

Do I have to pay service fees to Upwork regarding the deposit that the client makes for expenses tax

I am new here, and I would like to know if we also have to pay service schedules to Upwork for the deposit that the clerk makes for expenses, payment of duties, taxes, etc. for the purpose of registering a trademark or for other similar reasons but different from the fees that the lawyer charges for the service he renders? If not, how can I divide it into the proposal? Is there another way? What I can do? Thank you very much for your time and advice. Francisco.

1 REPLY 1
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Francisco Javier L wrote:

I am new here, and I would like to know if we also have to pay service schedules to Upwork for the deposit that the clerk makes for expenses, payment of duties, taxes, etc. for the purpose of registering a trademark or for other similar reasons but different from the fees that the lawyer charges for the service he renders? If not, how can I divide it into the proposal? Is there another way? What I can do? Thank you very much for your time and advice. Francisco.

Upwork deducts its service charge from all payments that you receive, regardless of what the payments are used for. If your client needs to pay duties/taxes/expenses or whatever, they should pay directly, rather than having you pay and then be reimbursed. If that's not possible, then you'll need to add Upwork's service charge to whatever amount that you charge your client.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths