🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Do I need connects to send a direct contract?
Page options
jnusrat11
Community Member

Do I need connects to send a direct contract?

Hi,

Do I need connects to send a direct contract?

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Nusrat,

I would like to clarify that you don't need Connects to be able to send a Direct Contract. With Direct Contracts, you can create and send contract proposals to your clients that don’t have Upwork accounts. Just like your other contracts on Upwork, your client deposits project funds in escrow before the contract starts. When you’ve completed the work, you’ll request payment from your client. Once they’ve accepted your request, the funds are released to you. 

As a freelancer, you’ll pay a processing fee of 3.4% of the total contract amount but you won’t pay any freelancer service fees to Upwork. Your client won’t have to create an Upwork account or pay any additional fees, keeping the experience easy to use for them.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Nusrat,

I would like to clarify that you don't need Connects to be able to send a Direct Contract. With Direct Contracts, you can create and send contract proposals to your clients that don’t have Upwork accounts. Just like your other contracts on Upwork, your client deposits project funds in escrow before the contract starts. When you’ve completed the work, you’ll request payment from your client. Once they’ve accepted your request, the funds are released to you. 

As a freelancer, you’ll pay a processing fee of 3.4% of the total contract amount but you won’t pay any freelancer service fees to Upwork. Your client won’t have to create an Upwork account or pay any additional fees, keeping the experience easy to use for them.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths