cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Do not pay me

Claudio P Member Since: Mar 10, 2017
1 of 16

Well i am new here, my first job, i was so naive

I did the job, a travel guide, i was so happy and now that i finished nobody pays me

it is so unfair.

i hope i can get up and believe in this site

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 16

It would be smarter to focus on you rather than the site. The site gives you every tool you need to get paid.

So ask yourself what did you do wrong and what you can do to correct it.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 16

Did you have a formal Upwork contract with your client - either set up as a fixed-price job with a milestone funded into escrow, or as an hourly job using the tracking feature?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 16

Claudio:

It's okay. Don't take it personally. This happens to newbie freelancers who don't read the instructions first.

All you need to do is learn from your mistakes, don't make the same mistakes again, and move forward.

Community Guru
5 of 16

It is amusing that the original poster, whose profile identifies him as a Portuguese-English and English-Portuguese translator, used the imperitive phrase "Do not pay me" as the title of this thread.

6 of 16

This is all new for me, i have not experience, i believe upwork is safe and and i will have more luck and intelligence in the future.

I do not know why appear "portuguese-english", is not my speciality, my english is basic.

Community Guru
7 of 16

re: "I do not know why appear 'portuguese-english', is not my speciality, my english is basic."

Claudio:

You can edit the skills that appear under your name on your profile page if you do not intend to offer these services.

Below is a screenshot from your current profile page:

skills.png

Highlighted
8 of 16

Done, thank you 

Smiley Happy

9 of 16

what is the meaning of "Milestone"?

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
10 of 16

Claudio,

Would you please read everything in this thread including all the links: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#U264214

You have stated in your profile that your English is  fluent. But in this thread you have said that it is basic - and you are quite correct.

Your translation skills should not include Portuguese to English.

ETA: In fact I do not understand your profile at all. You are offering medical translation, but your tags are Excel VBA and 3D printing. Stick to medical translation - Portuguese to English - and try to create a portfolio that matches your skills. Your rates as a PhD are far, far too low.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS