🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Do not want to use Google Signin
Page options
f97e03a1
Community Member

Do not want to use Google Signin

Hi,
I am using google sign-in to do the login to Upwork.

But now, I do not want to use my google sign anymore.

I want to use a separate Upwork username & password to login.

Please guide.

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

241 REPLIES 241
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vaibhava,

Could you please go to Settings > Connected Services and disconnect your Google account? Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
317e4220
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I tried the suggested solution but it throws me an error - 'Email uses google sign in'. Please suggest a better solution.

Hi Abhishek,

First, you will need to log in via browser and then go to Settings > Connected Services and click on the disconnect button. Once this is done you will be able to log in with your email/username and password. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

While using the Google Signin, the following Settings menu options are not available:

1) Login using Google Signin

2) Select Settings

3) Attempt to click Profile Settings or Connected Services

Expected: That I would be able to access and change Connecter Services under Settings

Actual: All these links forward to Password & security

Under the Password & security page, there is an edit icon and a message that says this profile uses Google Signin

1) Select Password & security

2) Click the edit icon

3) Attempt to change the password

Expected: Ability to disable the Google Signin

Actual: Changes a pointless password instead

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marie,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you with this concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
12e37045
Community Member

Facing the same issue
How to solve it

Hi Haider, were you able to disconnect Google Services in your Settings? You can choose to not use it and use a username and password instead.

~Andrea
Upwork
88b38f45
Community Member

I just created upwork account using google signing up...and it created my account with given google name but i want to change it... Evertime i click on contact info it open security and password option....how can i change my name

Actual: All these links forward to Password & security

Under the Password & security page, there is an edit icon and a message that says this profile uses Google Signin

1) Select Password & security

2) Click the edit icon

Hi there, 

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
d85a9fea
Community Member

Please contact us too.

We have the same exact problem...

Google Login issues with password & password change.

Hi Emil,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
a22078f8
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I am not able to log in using Google sign-in. My Gmail was provided by my university. After graduation, this email was not available. Meanwhile, I did not find how to use my username and password to log in. I would be very grateful if you could help me log in using other methods. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Xinlei

Hi Frances,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
6e38530f
Community Member

hello Andrea, what difference does it make if I am registered through google or through my login password

Hi Serdar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. When signing up using the google sign-in option, as long as you are logged in on your google account, you don't need to enter a password when logging in to your Upwork profile. Whereas using your own login email address and password, you'll have to enter your credentials.

~ AJ
Upwork
c3adb297
Community Member

I also have a similar issue. I no longer want to use google sign in to access my account. I want to be able to log in with a username and password.

Hi Justice,

You can disable the Google sign in option by going to Settings > Connected Services. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Abhishek,

Please check your security question, did you fill it already?

Because the security question is mandatory for changing the login from google to own username.

Thanks

eaed8e08
Community Member

I am using google sign-in to do the login to Upwork.

But now, I do not want to use my google sign anymore.

I want to use a separate Upwork username & password to log-in.

Please check attached screenshot.
When I try to go on "Settings > Connected Services" they redirect me on "Password & security" page.

Waiting for your reply asap.

Thanks

Hi Praveen,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists? If so, please let us know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
eaed8e08
Community Member

Hello Andrea, 

Thanks for your reply.

I have already checked with different browser as well check on another mac. Still unable to go on "Settings > Connected Services" page. Also, tried to copy and paste the link "https://www.upwork.com/ab/my-info/connected-services" into the browser new tab but they redirect me on "Password & security" page.

Please suggest a better solution.

Thanks

Hi Praveen,

Thank for following up on this. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello

I have the same problem Marie A has - can not acces the majority of menu items because of google sign-in

403725d4
Community Member

I am using google sign-in to do the login to Upwork. But now, I do not want to use my google sign anymore. I want to use a separate Upwork username & password to log-in. As my profile name on gmail was an nick name.I have updated my name on my gmail but its not updated on upwork. As my name was **Edited for Community Guidelines** on gmail but actually name is **Edited for Community Guidelines** and I have updated the name on gmail profile but its not updated on upwork profile .When I try to go on "Settings > Connected Services" they redirect me on "Password & security" page. Waiting for your reply asap. Thanks

Hi Bilal,

I checked but could not replicate the issue you are experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if the issue persists?

After you tried clearing cache and cookies could you please go to Settings > Connected Services and disconnect your Google account? Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
de37d241
Community Member

I don't want to use google sign in either. And I can't even sign in with my account **Edited for Community Guidelines** , needed to create a new one to write this. Why creating a support ticket is such a pain on your platform? 

p.s already cleared cash, tried to sign in through different devices - no result.

Hello User,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hello,

I have the same problem: I'd like to log in with a password instead of using google sign-in. Whenever I try to go on "Settings > Connected Services" it always redirects me to the "Password & security" page. Using different browsers didn't help.
Thanks for your help.

M

Hi Marion,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
404a5ff4
Community Member

thanks for this query .. Love it 

Hi Bojan, same thing. However, when I go to the connected services, it is asking me for a security question which I know the answer and typed but it says, I have reached the maximum number of tries which I don't. https://prnt.sc/W7p5-uw_GEnz

Can you please help? I would like to change my settings to a login not linked to google account. Thank you

Hi Joane,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties logging in to your account. I have escalated your situation and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket for further assistance. You can check your tickets here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f865f033
Community Member

Thanks, Bojan. This is very helpful.

ebbcdcb4
Community Member

Hi there, I created the account and currently logging in with Google.

I'd like to remove this access and log in with standard email + password,is it possible?

I've set a password from my profile however when i attempt it says that my account uses google sign in to log in so apparently i'm forced to use this method.

Thanks for your support

Hi Ferdinando,

I have escalated your concern to our team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ssbl
Community Member

Hi there, I've encountered a similar issue. I created the account and currently logging in with Google. I'd like to remove this access and log in with standard email + password. I"m not able to do this at the moment. Can you help me out on this please?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sandya,

Could you please go to Settings > Connected Services and disconnect your Google account? Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
carpars
Community Member

That page is redirecting to Password & security one, as Contact info too.

carpars
Community Member

Seen the way to solve it, as in 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Do-not-want-to-use-Google-Signin/td-p/702323

PASTE:

Under the Password & security page, there is an edit icon and a message that says this profile uses Google Signin

1) Select Password & security

2) Click the edit icon

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths