🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Do old, unanswered proposals count against yo...
Page options
mjschneider
Community Member

Do old, unanswered proposals count against your profile / rating?

Hi there, does anyone know if old, unanswered proposals count against your profile / rating? I have several that have been up for close to a month, and its clear to me that the client has moved on (for any number of reasons).

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

An unanswered proposal doesn't hurt me.

Sometimes freelancers report getting an invitation from a proposal that is many weeks or even months old. But that happens rarely.

Sometimes I look at the list of pending proposals and delete them if they're a month old or more. Just to keep the list clean.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

No.

Thanks - just another question, how long to you let proposals stand? I have some for which the posting hasnt been looked at by the client for days, sometimes even two weeks.

Michael J. S wrote:

Thanks - just another question, how long to you let proposals stand? I have some for which the posting hasnt been looked at by the client for days, sometimes even two weeks.

I don't know. I never look at them again once I've sent it, that's simply a waste of time. 

An unanswered proposal doesn't hurt me.

Sometimes freelancers report getting an invitation from a proposal that is many weeks or even months old. But that happens rarely.

Sometimes I look at the list of pending proposals and delete them if they're a month old or more. Just to keep the list clean.

Thanks, I appreciate the response!

Hey (sorry for threadjacking),

If you don't mind, how do you delete them? It seems the only option is withdrawing and you need to choose a reason why, they get notified and so on.. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths