🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Do you include your personal website ?
Page options
kc_subodh
Community Member

Do you include your personal website ?

Clients wants to see your website or portfolio.
Upwork suggestes not to include them.

how do you deal with this?

Do you include website in ur profile or in ur proposal?

what is upwork policy on this, especially if you are in web dev?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Subodh K wrote:

A website should have contact information and so does mine.
i have not included it in the profile section, however, it is in my portfolio section. 

are you sure we can send website URL in the proposal? is it as per up work policy? 

Your portfolio is part of your profile so if you have contact information in your portfolio remove that item as soon as possible, otherwise you can get suspended. And yes, you can include URL inside the proposal, you should read the ToS, really. That's how you can be sure about Upwork policies.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sergio-soria
Community Member

Links in profiles are not allowed. You can include links in your proposal.

yitwail
Community Member

Subodh, you can include your website in your profile IF it doesn't contain any contact info, like a contact form or an email address, and you can always give your website URL in your proposal, even if it contains contact info.

i have not included it in the profile section, however, it is in my portfolio section. 

are you sure we can send website URL in the proposal? is it as per up work policy? 

Subodh K wrote:

Your portfolio is part of your profile so if you have contact information in your portfolio remove that item as soon as possible, otherwise you can get suspended. And yes, you can include URL inside the proposal, you should read the ToS, really. That's how you can be sure about Upwork policies.

Hi Subodh,

Your profile should not contain any direct contact information. You can include your website link on your proposal to clients. Let us know if you have other questions, or need clarification with. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

You can put it in your proposal - it will autogenerate the hyperlink under your signature line. 

BUT - add something to your proposal such as "Feel free to review my website, but please only contact me regarding your project via UW". 

CYA.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths