🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Do you know how to delete messages in the Upw...
Page options
teaghostwriter21
Community Member

Do you know how to delete messages in the Upwork app on phones?

I've deleted the messages on Upwork and it doesn't show up anymore. However in the Upwork app, it still has those messages. Any idea on how to remove them? 

10 REPLIES 10
scientistbhoot
Community Member

You cannot delete them, you can archive/hide them instead.

May I ask how to do that? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joan, 

Is this for the new iOS app?

~ Avery
Upwork

On Android app 

Hi Joan, 

It looks like this feature is not available on the app, but the team has confirmed that this will be rolled-out on the new mobile version. 

I apologise if this has been an inconvenience for you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
markhazel
Community Member

This is still an issue. I can hide messages on my desktop version but my iphone app for upwork shows no way of getting rid of viewing every message thread.

The app has been updated several times since last post. Maybe this issue is fixed? I cant seem to figure it out.
db75973d
Community Member

This is back in 2019 and we are in 2022. Have you guys not added a way to delete messages in the android app?  Is very difficult when you have numerous messages in your inbox and you have to literally search for minutes to find what you need. We don't even have the option to hide them either? Do you plan on adding an option in the VERY near future? If that isn't going to happen then I may need to find a different platform.  Searching through messages after messages isn't working anymore😵💫🤯

93f374b2
Community Member

Agreed. Your user interface (or lack of one) will be the reason I go to another platform. After 5 years as a good client! 🙄

I do not see these 3 dots, not at all. I have followed your directions and hovered everywhere.  This is truly absurd 

Hi Eric,

We truly appreciate you reaching out to us. I have checked your account and It looks like you have no existing messages. Can you please confirm if you still need further assistance with your concern? Feel free to check this help article for more details on how to best manage your Messages.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths