cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Upwork have a refer a friend or a referral program?

Highlighted
Peer B Member Since: Oct 5, 2017
1 of 6

Does Upwork have a refer a friend or a referral program?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 6

Yes.

Top-rated freelancers can request a special link that you can provide to a client who is not yet an Upwork user. When the client uses that link to set up his Upwork account, it means that he can hire you and you will pay zero fees.

Paying zero fees instead of paying 20% of the earnings is a significant incentive.

Read more about that here or here, among other places in the Forum.

Also: Cients can send a Bring Your Own (BYO) invitation to freelancers they know outside Upwork:

Invitation to Create a Freelancer Account

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 6

Preston H wrote:

Top-rated freelancers can request a special link that you can provide to a client who is not yet an Upwork user. When the client uses that link to set up his Upwork account, it means that he can hire you and you will pay zero fees.

The OP isn't top rated and probably meant "refer a freelancing friend"

The short answer is "No"

The slightly longer answer is "No, because Upwork already has way too many freelancers and doesn't need any more."

Highlighted
Peer B Member Since: Oct 5, 2017
4 of 6

Really thanks for your quick response.

Highlighted
Krizelle D Member Since: Apr 3, 2017
5 of 6
What are the perks of bringing your own freelancer?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 6

re: "What are the perks of bringing your own freelancer?"

"Henry" is not an Upwork freelancer. He has no Upwork user account.

But I want him to work on my project, and I want to have him track time and get paid through Upwork, just like the other freelancers who work on my project. With the "Bring Your Own Freelancer" program, I am able to get him an account that he can use to do so.

This doesn't mean that Henry is able to work for other Upwork clients, but he's not interested in that. It means that he CAN work through Upwork on my projects.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS