🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Does active contract can be seen by client(s)
Page options
51b0a863
Community Member

Does active contract can be seen by client(s)

Hello community!

I’m new to UpWork and luckily I just finished my third job. The last one is my first hourly contract.

My condition is; my hourly contract’s client liked my work, and he asked to keep the contract active for another jobs in the future, so he doesn’t need to post new jobs. Questions came to my mind;
1. What is the best practice recommended for this kind of hourly contract?
2. Does another client(s) will be able to see how many active contracts I’m working on? And if so, does it usually could change their mind to hire me?

Thanks in advance 🙂
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Candra W wrote:
Hello community!

I’m new to UpWork and luckily I just finished my third job. The last one is my first hourly contract.

My condition is; my hourly contract’s client liked my work, and he asked to keep the contract active for another jobs in the future, so he doesn’t need to post new jobs. Questions came to my mind;
2. Does another client(s) will be able to see how many active contracts I’m working on? And if so, does it usually could change their mind to hire me?

Thanks in advance 🙂

1. If the client wants to keep it open, do that. 

2. Of course everybody can see it. One open contract will not preclude you from being hired by somebody else, unless it looks like full-time work. Clients know that a freelancer does not work exclusively for them. 

Regarding your profile: invest some time to make it more meaningful, especially your headline. Will it pop up in search results for your niche? Hardly. 2 lines of text also looks a bit careless. You can do much better. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Candra W wrote:
Hello community!

Thanks in advance 🙂

1. If the client wants to keep it open, do that. 

2. Of course everybody can see it. One open contract will not preclude you from being hired by somebody else, unless it looks like full-time work. Clients know that a freelancer does not work exclusively for them. 

Regarding your profile: invest some time to make it more meaningful, especially your headline. Will it pop up in search results for your niche? Hardly. 2 lines of text also looks a bit careless. You can do much better. 

Hi Martina,
Well noted, and thank you very much.. 🙂
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths