🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Does manually added hours reflect on my U...
Page options
sakib7575
Community Member

Does manually added hours reflect on my Upwork profile as "Total Hours"?

Hello there!

My question is,
If I add manual hours to a job, does it gets counted in total hours that shows in Upwork Profile.
I'm pretty new to Upwork. I would really love to see those hours reflect on my profile.

Thanks in advance 😃
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Does manually added hours reflect on my Upwork profile as 'Total Hours'?

Yes.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Does manually added hours reflect on my Upwork profile as 'Total Hours'?

Yes.

Does it really reflect?

I've added several manual hours to different clients, some of them already ended the contract but the hours never showed up on my "Total Hours" of my profile. 

It seems that only the Upwork app hours are being counted to this section... Anyone with the same issue?

Thiago: Manually logged hours and hours logged by the time-tracker are handled identically when it comes to being counted on our Upwork Total Hours count.

Neither method can be used to add hours to an already-closed contract.

Hi Preston, so I think I might have to open a ticket to support about this because several hours were added while I was working on projects and they never went to my profile after they were ended / given feedback..

thanks!

Hi Thiago,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
thgo
Community Member

Hi Andrea... yep, try tried to login with another browser, cleared cache and I still see only the hours I've logged using hourly contracts:

Hi Thiago,

Thanks for clarifying. If only the hours you've logged using hourly contracts are showing on your profile, then that is correct. Time logged on fixed-priced contracts is for tracking purposes only and will not be counted towards your total work hours displayed on your profile.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thiago:
We thought that were you referring to this:

hours logged by desktop time-tracker / manually logged hours

But you were actually referring to something totally different:

hours logged using hourly contract / hours logged using fixed-price contract

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths