🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Does my clients see my proposal?
Page options
f208bb22
Community Member

Does my clients see my proposal?

Hi everyone,

I am new to Upwork and recently I have proposed some for some jobs but when I check the job again it said that there is 0 unanswered. Does it mean that I got rejected or the clients doesn't see my proposal? Here are the jobs links:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Here is a screenshot of my proposals:

Please help 😞

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Invites sent = a potential client invites freelancers to apply to his job.

Zero means he didn't invite anybody and just waits for proposals to come in. 

Unanswered invites = zero since the client didn't send invites. 

Interviewing = number of freelancers the client is talking to. Zero = nobody. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Toan K wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am new to Upwork and recently I have proposed some for some jobs but when I check the job again it said that there is 0 unanswered. Does it mean that I got rejected or the clients doesn't see my proposal? Here are the jobs links:

Please help 😞

I don't know what you mean by unanswered. I don't have that category, do you have a screenshot? What you see on your screenshot above is the proposals you submitted, which are not closed by the client yet (not yet archived). That can mean the following: the client has hired someone but not closed the job posting. The client has not hired someone. The client has forgotten about his job posting and upwork will close it after 30 days of inactivity. It does not really matter, because checking this stuff is just a waste of your time. 

It means you didn't get rejected (I think). The client can see all proposals he receives. 

Martina P wrote:

Toan K wrote:

Hi everyone,

Please help 😞

I don't know what you mean by unanswered. I don't have that category, do you have a screenshot? What you see on your screenshot above is the proposals you submitted, which are not closed by the client yet (not yet archived). That can mean the following: the client has hired someone but not closed the job posting. The client has not hired someone. The client has forgotten about his job posting and upwork will close it after 30 days of inactivity. It does not really matter, because checking this stuff is just a waste of your time. 

It means you didn't get rejected (I think). The client can see all proposals he receives. 

This is what I meant by "unanswered" sorry for the inconvenience:

1.PNG

I thought I when proposed the "unanswered invites" and "invites sent" goes up by 1? And if I got rejected (sadly), how do I know that my proposal got rejected? I didn't receive any notification at all. I am very new to this site and I am still trying to figure things out, thank you for your answer ❤️ 

Invites sent = a potential client invites freelancers to apply to his job.

Zero means he didn't invite anybody and just waits for proposals to come in. 

Unanswered invites = zero since the client didn't send invites. 

Interviewing = number of freelancers the client is talking to. Zero = nobody. 

Ah! That makes it clearer! Thank you so much 😄

Additionally, the hires would represent, if the client has hired someone for the job.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths