🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Does my proposals reaches the client ?
Page options
premcumar
Community Member

Does my proposals reaches the client ?

Hello Everybody,

Stay Home stay Safe!

I have submitted around 26 for the projects. of which 13 are in Active and rest are Archived/closed.

I am not sure whether my proposal reaches the client or not, as not even one client has responded to me. Is there something that I am not doing, or that I can do better?

I am getting a bit annoyed as am not able to get the break through in this situation.

Stay Home stay Safe!

Regards

11 REPLIES 11
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Premkumar,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been getting response to your proposals. I can assure you that all proposals are delivered to and can be viewed by clients. Proposals are archived only if they are declined by the client, withdrawn by the freelancer or the job is closed. Also, the clients can archive proposals on their end.
Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients.
When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for. Check out this help article with tips on creating proposals that win jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
premcumar
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for your reply!

Please refer the attached the image. It shows one of a recomended job and exactly suits my profile.

When I applied for this project, the proposal status was Less than 5 and till today the proposal status is the same, Less than 5. So why am i not getting any invite or Interview from the client.

Is there any way to to connect the client after submitting the proposal.

If not then, can you pleaswe check with the client, whethet he is really looking for the freelancer.

Regards

Hi Premkumar,

Please keep in mind that each client has their own screening process. Once you submit a proposal the client is able to accept it. If they accept it, a message room will be created for you and your client where you can continue communicating about the job.

Hope that this clarifies the confusion, and I would also suggest referring to the guide Bojan shared in his post previously. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
hams_nocete
Community Member

This is almost the same of what i am experiencing right now, when i started applying for projects for the 1st week. I got response with clients, almost eveyday. Then after getting 3 jobs, 2 weeks later I started buying connects to apply for projects, sending proposals like almost 6x daily for 10 connects, I got no more responses. Even if a project just posted like 5 minutes ago, and I know i suited for the job, the client never responded me. It is very strange. Even my profile is not even viewed.

Is there a way to know my proposal reach to clients I applied for?

Hi Hamlito,

The client receives all proposals, but it's up to them to decide whether they'll accept them or not.

I suggest that you take a look at the Freelancing Resources board in which you'll find plenty of articles to help you with writing proposals, negotiating with clients, setting your rates, enhancing your profile, and so on. On Upwork's Events & Webinars page, you can find official Upwork hosted events along with the ones hosted by Top Rated freelancers.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Same please tell me if you found a solution to it or not?

Lookin for some other portal, but not in upwork. You will never get a
project here.

Upwork has to do something differently to promote the new commers by giving
discount to the customer when they hire a new commer. As a lot of the new
commers are wasting their valuable time and connects.

I had the same issue, so I stopped looking for projects in Upwork, as I
wasted a lot of time and connects....

I totally agree.

You spend time and effort trying to connect with upworks clients and even after a week they show they have had no connections even though you have put forward your best proposal. It's almost like a rigged game. 

Brett, you do know that your profile picture has to be a recent photo of you, yourself, right?  I would never respond to a freelancer with your profile picture.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths