🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Does the apyment method "Direct to Local Bank...
Page options
firasfradi
Community Member

Does the apyment method "Direct to Local Bank" work on a tunisian savings account (TND) ?

I am a new frelancer on upwork and I want my money to be transfered into my bank account directly , but I see a lot of friends useing payoneer cards and paypal accounts to be able to get their money . 
Which one is easier and what is the difference please ?

13 REPLIES 13
djdalysovich
Community Member

In general, direct to local bank payment is the least expensive way to get paid. The transfer is done using a Tunisia's local network, which means the bank fees will be reduced. 

Did you try this new methord on Upwork?

Hello, is local direct payment method available in Tunisia (Poste tunisienne) and does it need any special papers or legal requirements

I appreciate your help

KR

Hi salem 

Can yo help me with some questions:

With payoneer when registering I have to link to a local bank account 

when withdrawing money from upwork to payoneer account does it go through my bank account or can I directly withdraw the money through payoneer card ?

Why does is it need to be linked to a local bank account ?

I appreciate you help

Thanks 

Hi Meryem,

When you add your Payoneer account as a withdrawal method to your Upwork account the withdrawn funds will arrive at your Payoneer account.  From there, you're free to send your funds as you prefer. In other words, your card should be linked to a Payoneer account. 

As far as the Direct to Local Bank payment method is concerned, I can see that you were able to add it to your account. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello Meryem

You're not obliged to link a Tunisian bank account to payoneer.

With Payoneer, you directly withdraw money from any GAB (mil 7itt), they send you a master card directly to your home.

You can choose to withdraw your money to La poste de Tunisie.

Steps to go:

Select the local Bank Transferoption

- Write your exact name (the same with your name in the post bank account)

- Write your exact address (the same with your address in the post bank account)

- Write as La Poste de Tunise as bank name

- write your town and postal code in the bank address (ex: Poste de Tunise, 4000 Sousse)-

input your Iban account number: 20 digits starting with = TN59 + 20 digit account number

IBAN TN59 17XXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX

input the Swift code as : LPTNTNTTXXX
SSalaam

Salem

Thank you very much for your help

I did sent a request for the payoneer card and I am waiting to recieve it (Payoneer now requires that I add a bank account when creating an account), and I will try to withdraw directly from the GAB 

Thanks !

Hello Meryem

Many success to you.

Try receive your money to post bank (La poste) i f you have a check account in Laposte.

it' safer.

But a payoneer card is also awesome, since you can use it to buy things online.

Ssalam

Cheers

Salem

yes I will try both methods 

really thank you for your help

KR

Hello Salem,

is it legal to transfer money to tunisia ?

thank you in advance

bensalem
Community Member

Hello Firas

**Edited for community guidelines**

I use payoneer, it's a little bit more expansive, because

I got problem with local bank Transfer to Tunisia (I'm from Tunisia).

You risk your money stolen or lost in the way to your bank.

Last time I got my money lost during 3 months than back to my Upwork account.

You can try local bank Transfer to Tunisia if you have a postal account. Because with La poste de Tunisie it's safer than to banks. La poste de Tunisie takes  almost 15 TND for each transfer.

If you're from Tunisia, Message me,  I will tell you the Poste de Tunisie references

Ssalaam

Salem

Hello guys,

i am usually transferring my funds from Upwork to Payoneer, then make a bank transfer from Payneer to my bank account (BIAT), never tried the Upwork direct transfer, anyone tried it and have an idea of the fees? what am i risking? thanks!

Hi Issam,

I did look for information about this method too , but I didn't try it because I've found some have had problems with this method (direct transfer), so I think you should stick to the payoneer method better I guess.

joudhh
Community Member

Hello Salem,
I have a Postal checking account
Do you recommend using the transfer via Tunisian Post?
Do you have experience with that?
Does the Tunisian Post ask for any documents in return if you make the transfer?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths