🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Does the interview have to be conducted on li...
Page options
faisal-xoniaa
Community Member

Does the interview have to be conducted on live chat?

Is it possible to do it offline via messaging back and forth? My schedule is unpredictable to be online at  a certian time.

4 REPLIES 4
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Faisal,

Please communicate with your prospective client and explain your situation clearly so that you and your prospective client won't have any issues. Thank you.

Untitled

I'm asking about how most interviews are conducted?

re: "I'm asking about how most interviews are conducted?"

I don't know if there is any way to answer that.

It is going to vary by person, and the trends will be different based on job skill niche.

For me, personally, I work as a freelancer primarily, but I have also hired over 50 freelancers. I rarely interview outside of Upwork messenger, either way.

But interviewing using other communication methods IS allowed. Many clients have asked to interview me briefly via Skype.

tlsanders
Community Member

Most Upwork "interviews" aren't interviews in the sense you're accustomed to. When a client sends you a message after reviewing your proposal, that shifts the status to "interviewing". Sometimes that process involves discussion back and forth through messaging, sometimes a phone call, but often it's a simple as "could you have this completed by Tuesday?" and if you respond affirmatively and in a timely manner, they send you an offer.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths