🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Does the rate tip mean I could be a good fit ...
Page options
kett-topias
Community Member

Does the rate tip mean I could be a good fit for the particular project?

Greetings!

I have noticed that the rate tip doesn't appear all the time when I submit a proposal.

I think it means that the skills required to the job are matched with my skills mentioned in my profile a lot.

Am I right?

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Topias K wrote:

Greetings!

I have noticed that the rate tip doesn't appear all the time when I submit a proposal.

I think it means that the skills required to the job are matched with my skills mentioned in my profile a lot.

Am I right?

I don't believe so. 

I think it's best to ignore the rate tip. Some time ago there was a client on the forum wondering about why freelancers change their rate from the rate on their profile. You don't want a client to feel that you want to rip him off.

With "rate tips," we are talking about automated algorithms, intended to be helpful to freelancers and Upwork.

Sometimes these rate tips are going to be "spot on." Sometimes they won't make sense at all. That is the nature of automated predictive algorithms. They are by nature imperfect, limited by the quality of the coding behind them and the amount of available input information.

Just how often are these rate tips accurate and helpful?

Maybe it is 90% of the time.

Maybe it is 5% of the time.

I don't know.

Nobody else knows, either.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths