🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Does using the Call feature in Messages requi...
Page options
amdegregorio
Community Member

Does using the Call feature in Messages require installing software

I'm scheduled for my first interview on Friday, and I'm trying to determine the following:

1. If using the call or video feature in the Messages portion of the site requires installing software locally on my PC

2. If so, can I install it ahead of time without possibly accidentally calling a client.  I don't want to click the phone icon in my messages and accidentally start pinging my prospective client.

Thanks in advance!

Amy

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amy, 

You do not need to install any software to use the call and video-chat feature on your Upwork account. It should load as a new window when you click on the phone/video button.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amy, 

You do not need to install any software to use the call and video-chat feature on your Upwork account. It should load as a new window when you click on the phone/video button.

~ Avery
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

@Amy D wrote:

I'm scheduled for my first interview on Friday, and I'm trying to determine the following:

1. If using the call or video feature in the Messages portion of the site requires installing software locally on my PC

2. If so, can I install it ahead of time without possibly accidentally calling a client.  I don't want to click the phone icon in my messages and accidentally start pinging my prospective client.

Thanks in advance!

Amy

Amy ... you might want to do a forum search for the many threads that state how this feature really works (apparently, not very well).

Amy, you may seriously wish to consider another method.  Everything I can remember reading regarding it has been negative as Virginia references. 

Of course you definitely want to begin in a positive manner with the potential client.  Another method may have a far better chance of accomplishing such. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Amy:

Let's put it this way:

If you buy tickets regularly, and you USUALLY WIN...

...Then you are the type of person who should try to use Upwork's built-in call or video feature.

Thanks everyone, I think I'll be prepared to use a different method...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths