🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Don't know how to accept the job !
Page options
icijozi
Community Member

Don't know how to accept the job !

Hi,

I've completed my first mission, but my client can't find where to pay me. Apparently I didn't accept the job, but I can't find where to do it. The job is not in my proposals (past or actives) . How can I do ? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10
Community Member

When you get an offer, you get an email, the offer is posted to the workroom chat, and it shows on your proposal page.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Magalie, 

I checked your account and it doesn't look like the client sent an offer for this job. Before starting to work on any project, please make sure that the client sent you an offer, you accepted it, the job is showing as an active contract on your My Jobs page, the client's payment method is verified, and the client has funded the milestone (fixed-price contract).

For reference, the offer should look something like this when the clients send it to you: 
Offer.png

Since you are new, I would recommend that you read up on these freelancer resources and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for help getting started, and for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
icijozi
Community Member

Thank you for this reply. The client sent me an offer on the 20th March, I can see it in the chat, I finally found it. But when I click on it, it says that the offer expires on the 27th of March. Is there any way for him to extend it or send me a new one ? 

Thank you !

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Magalie, 

Thanks for confirming, and I'm sorry for the confusion as I did not see an offer was sent. Your client should still be able to hire you by going to your profile and clicking on the Hire Now button. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths