🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Don't know what to do next. Is help avail...
Page options
2274f87e
Community Member

Don't know what to do next. Is help available?

I've posted a task I need help with. I've received two good responses. I don't know what to do next, and the Upwork website doesn't help in any way. I don't see any help, or choices as to how to proceed. There is not even any way to get personal help from Upwork, so far as I can tell. Can anyone help me please?

9 REPLIES 9
tgstudio
Community Member

Amy, I have already found that page. It is a "support page" that only lets you search for answers to common questions. There seems to be no way to reach a person for help. Thanks anyway.

Hi David,

If you're unsure, you can try hiring both FLs for a short, paid, test job to see who is a better fit for your project. Please check these help articles on how to hire a freelancer: 

Getting Started

Send an Offer

Post a Job

Let me know if there's anything else. 

~ Riri

Riri, These articles are helpful, thanks. I now have three qualified freelancers. I don't see any way to choose between them, as they all sound perfect to me. Do you (or anyone else) have any ideas? I can't afford to hire more than one qualified freelancer because I'm a small charity and can't spend extra money.

Riri, Another question is this: I see no contract between qualified freelancer and project owner on Upwork for fixed-payment jobs. Is there a legal contract, and if so, where is it? Or am I expected to create a suffcient legal contract myself? I understand that payment is protected by being held in escrow by Upwork, but that kind of mechanism is not a contract.

In the main job page that lists all the qualified freelancers who have responded, how do I mark a candidate as rejected for the job? I see no button for doing this. I now have 5 qualified freelancers and must narrow the field.

kat303
Community Member

if you've received 2 good responses then perhaps you should follow that advice or those suggestions. Can you be more specific about your problem/task. No one can help you if we don't know what you need help with. 

2274f87e
Community Member

I need someone to take the long description of my service and create a small display ad for a charity event booklet. I have received two "cover letters" from Upwork members who want to do the job. I don't know how to decide between them or how to use Upwork at this point in the process. I hope that is clearer.

kat303
Community Member

David S wrote:

I need someone to take the long description of my service and create a small display ad for a charity event booklet. I have received two "cover letters" from Upwork members who want to do the job. I don't know how to decide between them or how to use Upwork at this point in the process. I hope that is clearer.

I strongly suggest  that you click on the link below and go through all 9 topics and also the 9 arti...

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?flash_digest=16d72e88f6ed108afa7cafe9851e845a12b79c6e

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths