🐈 Community
mulanhowe

Don't know what to do

I have just been hired by a company that has no payment verification and no client reviews. I was invited to apply for their job and I haven't started work yet. It is part time fixed pay and we have been communicating using email. I just have a few questions as I am a brand new freelancer. 

**edited for Community Guidelines**

I don't understand what is going on with the payments or with the fact that my questions arenf "work related". I'm confused and I don't know what to do. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aocumen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mulan, 

I checked your account and couldn't identify the client you have mentioned on your post. As the others have mentioned, you are only hired once you are offered a contract on the platform, you have accepted it, and it is showing on the My Jobs > All Contracts page on your account. 

Please send the details of this client to me via a private message so that we can have the team review. In the meantime, please check the freelancer resources we compiled and tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
quijibo

Run

petra_r

@Mulan H wrote:

I have just been hired

No. You have not been hired. Unless you have an active contract on your My Jobs page you have not been hired.

It is a scam. It is not a job and all they want is your money.

Also you have to have your true location on your profile. You can't say you're in Australia when you live elsewhere.

aocumen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mulan, 

I checked your account and couldn't identify the client you have mentioned on your post. As the others have mentioned, you are only hired once you are offered a contract on the platform, you have accepted it, and it is showing on the My Jobs > All Contracts page on your account. 

Please send the details of this client to me via a private message so that we can have the team review. In the meantime, please check the freelancer resources we compiled and tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
Learning Paths