🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Double Payments/Invoices for one week.
Page options
pauljimsikat
Community Member

Double Payments/Invoices for one week.

Hello everyone, I need help and clarification please. Just started working again with a clilent over 2 weeks ago. After I finished my first week of work, my client was billed/charged almost double for 1 week of work, one for $120(the right amount) and another for $96(which is the amount after a 20% deduction from the total amount earned for that week, so that's a total of $216 instead of $120 for one week. I refunded it the excess amount to her($96)

After my second week, another $96(after deduction) shows up available on my pending earnings again even though the $96 that I earned from my first week has been paid to me(already in "Available" Section). This $96 is not from my second week because I only earned $80 on my second week and the amount for that week is still in review. Seems like I'm getting paid for the  third time for my first week.

i'm not sure why that is  happening. This is my clients first time in using Upwork and she's also not knowledgeable in any of this. Did she do something wrong? Something seems off on the way the billing for her is set up. Please help. I've attached a screenshots of the earning reports and the transaction history. 

What I noticed is that there are two types of Payments. One for Salary and another for Hourly. I believe the "Salary type shouldn't be there as it doubles the charges.. please help

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paul,

I checked and it seems that your client set up a weekly payment for your contract. In order to make changes, your client must end the current contract, rehire you, and set different terms in the Advanced Options. You can refer your client to this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paul,

I checked and it seems that your client set up a weekly payment for your contract. In order to make changes, your client must end the current contract, rehire you, and set different terms in the Advanced Options. You can refer your client to this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Aleksandar, that makes sense now. I'll do that. Appreciate your help.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths