🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Doubt
Page options
raybarros
Community Member

Doubt

Hello.
I did my first job and asked for payment .... but I am still at a loss for what to do. This payment request I can make at any time, or it has to be after sending the work. Because I sent the job the day before the deadline the client gave me, but I only made the request a day after the deadline he gave me. Can someone answer these questions, please?

3 REPLIES 3
robin_hyman
Community Member

Raimunda B wrote:

Hello.
I did my first job and asked for payment .... but I am still at a loss for what to do. This payment request I can make at any time,

YES

or it has to be after sending the work.

Because I sent the job the day before the deadline the client gave me, but I only made the request a day after the deadline he gave me. Can someone answer these questions, please?

Deadlines only matter if the client is actually expecting your work at that time. You can submit via the submission tool before or after the deadline. Upwork will still pay you after 14 days if the client doesn't respond. 

I was very lost when choosing the shape. Can you explain to me how this
milestone is?

Hi Raimunda,

Milestones are a way for you and your client to divide a Fixed-Price job into a set of predefined deliverables, which you both can agree upon before starting the contract. Feel free to check this help article for more info.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths