🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Drivers license acess...
Page options
lb-admin
Community Member

Drivers license acess...

Who has access to your driver's license information once it's uploaded loaded to the site
5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lisa, 

Upwork takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information it collects and stores about Upwork Users. All access to the Site is encrypted using industry-standard transport layer security technology (TLS). When you enter sensitive information (such as tax identification number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also use HTTP strict transport security to add an additional layer of protection for our Upwork Users. You may refer to our Privacy Policy here for more information.

~ Avery
Upwork
lb-admin
Community Member

My concern is, will the people or companies that l accept jobs for have
access to my driving license, as this is my sensitive information and l
know that there are scammers out there.

Thanks

Hi Lisa,

No, they won't. Clients won't have access to the documents you upload to verify your identity.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Ok, thanks.
lysis10
Community Member

Avery O wrote:

Hi Lisa, 

Upwork takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information it collects and stores about Upwork Users. All access to the Site is encrypted using industry-standard transport layer security technology (TLS). When you enter sensitive information (such as tax identification number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also use HTTP strict transport security to add an additional layer of protection for our Upwork Users. You may refer to our Privacy Policy here for more information.

Hi Avery, I know you're just replying in a way that you have to and I don't mean to sound like a jerk to you, but having SSL/TLS certs on a site is like 1/100 of what is needed to protect people's info. It doesn't protect from XSS or clickjacking and I would bet Upwork is vulnerable to both of these. It also doesn't protect from a rogue employee from dumping DL from the database if you guys aren't auditing. I don't think Upwork claims to be compliant on anything, which is really worrying.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths