🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Removing duplicated accounts
Page options
laura_quinn
Community Member

Duplicate Accounts

Hello,

I started setting up a freelancer account quite a while ago but never finished. Then, I decided to start again and used another email having forgotten that I had already started. Now, I cannot do anything in either account because they are duplicates except the email. How can I delete one and verify the other?

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Laura:

There is no button or user interface control that can be used to consolidate your accounts or otherwise fix your situation.

You will need to work with Upwork Customer Support. They can help you close all of your duplicate accounts except for your original account and get your login and contact information set up correctly for that account.

As you may know, it is a serious ToS violation to create multiple freelancer accounts. Upwork actively looks for users who do this, and they suspend or terminate such accounts. But when users make an honest mistake and ask Upwork Customer Support for help, they work with the freelancers to make things right.

Thanks. This is my frustration because I have never gotten customer support and didn’t remember I had started setting up an account until I started again and found I existed because of contact details. At this point, I just want any personal account deleted and to be done with upwork.

Thanks!
JoanneP

Hi Laura,

Please send me a PM with the details of your account so I can check. You can PM me by clicking on my name, thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
erikaa15
Community Member

Hi,

I need help regarding my account. I have created an account incorrectly under gmail account and created another one again under yahoo. Now my account is suspended. Can I delete the account under gmail?

Hi Jahzeel,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. It seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

I would like to let you know that having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

I also need help in removing or closing my other account. What should I do first?
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths