🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: ENTERING MANUAL TIME FOR PREVIOUS WEEK
Page options
amanda_rix
Community Member

ENTERING MANUAL TIME FOR PREVIOUS WEEK

Somone please tell me it's possible to enter all my time for last week even though the review period is over and the calendar is greyed out for last week. I clearly made an error in thinking I submitted it, but I didn't I'm talking over 40 hours of work. Please tell me I can still get paid!!! HEEELLLLPPP ") 

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Amanda R wrote:

Somone please tell me it's possible to enter all my time for last week even though the review period is over and the calendar is greyed out for last week. I clearly made an error in thinking I submitted it, but I didn't I'm talking over 40 hours of work. Please tell me I can still get paid!!!

No, it is not possible. The latest you can make any adjustments to the previous week's work diary is Monday noon UTC.

Clients are charged for the previous week's hours on Monday afternoon UTC.

You can talk to the client and ask him or her to pay you as a bonus, or add the hours to this week's work diary if your maximum hours allow it.

valery221166
Community Member

I guess impossible.
Just ask for the bonus payment as one-time fixed amount. If we trust each other, they usually pay.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "but I didn't I'm talking over 40 hours of work. Please tell me I can still get paid"

For future reference:

One reason we log our time promptly is because we can not log time for the previous week.

ALSO:

Your client has the ability to BLOCK manual time at any time.

Your client has the ability to PAUSE a contract at any time.

Your client has the ability to CLOSE the contract at any time.

If any of these things happen, you would not be able to log your manual time, and you would not get paid for that time.

ALSO:

We show RESPECT and consideration to the client by logging our time promptly.

The client is paying money for our time. It is good if they know what is going on as it is going on. If you work 40 hours in a week and then suddenly spring it on the client, that is certainly not as helpful and courteous to them as if you log time immediately after (or during) every work session, thus letting them know how much they're spending.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths