cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: MAD Client?

Anum A Member Since: Oct 16, 2016
1 of 6

Hi

So I came across this client recently by the name **Edited for Community Guidelines** with very unclear guidelines for work. The client did not have good comments on the profile either, but since the job was to last only for a couple of hours, I went with it. 

So near completion of the work the client stops responding, and the thing is that the Client was supposed to email/send me pictures vis Upwork which were to be typed in Ms. Word, and this one picture wasnt clear so I asked the client and from that point on I received zero replies. 

I completed the work anyway, left space for the heading, waited for the client to reply, eventually I just sent the completed doc. to the client via upwork telling the client to enter the heading I couldnt make out in the highlighted area. I received no reply to that either. After a week of no response I resent the document to the client via Upwork and emailed the client but to no avail. 

Fed up, I ended the contract. Which I now think was an extremely bad move, since the amount that was in my pending list was now gone. 

Is there any thing that can be done now? 

Any reply would be highly appreciated. 

Highlighted
2 of 6

Also I completely forgot to mention if any of you guys have come across this client and if you've experienced something similar, I'd love to know.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 6

Hi Anum,

Please, note that when you as a freelancer close a fixed-price contract with funds in Escrow, you agree to refund all the funds from Escrow to the client. You will also see a notification before closing a contract.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 6

Anum:

For future reference:

You can not mention a client by name in the Community Forum.

And even if you could, then the answer is still no, we have not "come across" that client.

The client history (which you saw was problematic before you hired on to work for her) is the information you need to look at. Posting about an individual client by name is never going to be helpful. Even if the names weren't removed from posts by moderators, the names would still not be helpful because the really bad clients use fake names and new accounts all the time.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
5 of 6

re: "Is there any thing that can be done now?"

No, there is nothing that can be done now.

Anum, you made many mistakes due to your inexperience. But that is okay. You learned from your mistakes, and that is what is important.

For future reference, when you submit a fixed-price project, and the client does not respond, that is a GOOD THING.

Your project was funded.

You used the official green "Submit Work / Request Payment" button.

The client did not respond.

That means the client did not ask for any changes. That means you do not need to do any more work on the project.

After 14 days you AUTOMATICALLY GET PAID.

When you re-submit the project, you restart the countdown clock. So after submitting, the wise freelancer just waits. Do not contact the client again. Do not re-submit. Just wait and get paid. Very easy.

6 of 6

Oh I understand now, thank you so much for taking your time to reply to this post, I'll keep this in mind for future reference!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS