cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CNA Corporation

Kelli M Member Since: Jan 7, 2017
1 of 18

I am new to this site. I posted a proposal just for fun. I was interviewed by **Edited for Community Guidelines** & offered the job at a much higher rate. How legitimate is this company?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 18

lol no

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
3 of 18

Scammers are out in full force today!!

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
4 of 18

They LOVE the weekends lol

@Katrina B wrote:

Scammers are out in full force today!!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 18

@Kelli M wrote:

I am new to this site. I posted a proposal just for fun. I was interviewed by ************** from *************** and offered the job at a much higher rate. How legitimate is this company?

•  Unless you have an official job offer on Upwork you weren't offered anything other than a chance to send money to scammers, receive a fake check and then send money to scammers, or another wonderful chance to fall flat on your face.
  • You were almost certainly not interviewed by someone of that name or from that company.
  • Was the Interview via Google Hangouts?
  • Did you give them any personal information, were you told you'd be paid via bank deposit or check?
Highlighted
6 of 18

Yes, it was on Google Hangouts. I gave them my bank name and my address. I was offered $22 per hour.

7 of 18

If I was scammed, am I in threat of anything? How do I prevent being scammed?

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
8 of 18

Here's the gist of it. You gave them your Bank name and address. You will get a fraudulent check in the mail. The reason they ask for the bank name is because they will make it look like that check was written from the same bank name because most banks will make deposits available immediately if it's from the same bank branch.  

They then ask you to send part of the money to them for software and equipments and you can keep the rest. Then a few days later you will get a call from your bank that the check was fraudulent and boom you're on the hook for the whole thing!!

With just giving your name and addy you should be fine, but don't cash that check.  Never give clients SSN, DL or anything like that. They don't need it.

Never accept payment off platform (Paypal, Western Union, Checks)

Never start working without an active contract under your "My Jobs" and funded escrow (if fixed price)

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
9 of 18

Thank you for this information.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 18

@Kelli M wrote:

Yes, it was on Google Hangouts. I gave them my bank name and my address. I was offered $22 per hour.

man they lowered their standards. They were doing $55/hour for data entry for a while. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS