🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » **Edited for community guidelines** SCAM ALER...
Page options
zlehsolutions
Community Member

**Edited for community guidelines** SCAM ALERT

PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS COMPANY! it IS A SCAM, THEY WANT YOUR BANKING PASSWORDS AND INFORMATION!

6 REPLIES 6
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for flagging this for us. I've checked and it looks like the job has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork ToS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
johnybgood18
Community Member

What company?

re: "What company?"

Does the name of the "company" matter?

Are you going to provide you BANKING INFORMATION and PASSWORDS to any prospective "client" on Upwork?

(Hint: The answer is: No.)

To add to what Preston has said-
Usually Scammers just claim to be from some (usually very well known ) company. They do not actually represent that company.
If you search for their name , designation and the company name, you will find such a person does exist and company is usually a very well known name in its area of business.
They do this impersonation to put their targets into awe of being in contact with some top exective of some MNC and lull them to have a false sense of security and as a result of all of it avoid most important check to be performed i.e presence of a valid contract, money in escrow etc (and also avoid using their common sense )and thus easily part with free work/money/critical information etc

If My bank called me and asked me for my banking username/password...i already know they are not from my bank.They are scammers.

Forget about others whatever be their name.

@Kelly and Jonathan,

Adding to the link that Bojan gave you and Vivek's advice, do yourselves a favour and read all the links in this thread (at the start of this window): https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#M2460

In particular: 

Under "Safety First!"

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs

Protecting Against Malware

Job Warning Signs

Trust & Safety FAQ

Resources to Help Keep Your Information Safe

Johnathan F wrote:

What company?

It was in the title but is now blanked out because it is not allowed to publish personal freelancer or client information on the forum. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths