🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Editing Work Diary
Page options
rhinahermosa
Community Member

Editing Work Diary

Hi there, I am just new here. Got my hourly job and I want to ask that whenever I login my time at Upwork app it is automatically added to the Work diary, right? When do I have to edit my Work Diary? Or I'll just leave it until the cut-off as long as the screenshots are complete then I will get paid? Tia

4 REPLIES 4
wlyonsatl
Community Member

You don't need to worry about making changes to your Work Diary if the daily hours count for each client on the Weekly Timesheet report – as tracked by TimeTracker - are correct as of the end of each work week (click on Reports/Weekly Timesheet). The Upwork work week ends at midnight Greenwich Meantime (UTC) each Sunday evening.

DO NOT add manual hours to your time log if you can avoid it. A client has no obligation enforceable by Upwork to pay you for manual hours, even if they agree to “allow” you to add them to your time log.

Thanks for your reply. I was a little worried doing anything at work diary
🙂 It helps.
florydev
Community Member

Lorena H wrote:

Hi there, I am just new here. Got my hourly job and I want to ask that whenever I login my time at Upwork app it is automatically added to the Work diary, right? When do I have to edit my Work Diary? Or I'll just leave it until the cut-off as long as the screenshots are complete then I will get paid? Tia

You want to keep the app running while you are working and every time you change what you are doing you need to edit the memo.  It is important that you have good memos describing the activity you are presently doing.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068288-Hourly-Protection

• Have an Hourly contract
  • Work with a client with a verified billing method
  • Use an Upwork account in good standing
  • Log your hours with the Upwork Desktop App
  • Be visibly working on contract-related activity in your Work Diary
  • Annotate your Work Diary with memos or activities labels that describe the activity performed
  • Maintain adequate and fair activity levels
  • Stay within the contract's weekly limit

I am not personally afraid of adding manual time when I do an activity that is not easily logged or forget to turn on the tracker (it happens).  But it is always a small fraction of the total hours logged.

You should also be VERY aware that it takes screenshots no matter what you are doing.  If you forget to turn it off and you may find that you need to  delete a screenshot that has you checking your bank balance (not that this ever happened to me).

Thank you for those tips. Will take note of that 🙂
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths