🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Email from closed account cannot sign-up
Page options
ccatian
Community Member

Email from closed account cannot sign-up

I first signed up as a Client but then I realized it be as Freelancer - so I closed the account. When I tried to signup again using the same email, it always prompted that "This email is already in use". I also tried to log-in the same email, it says "Username is incorrect". Does it have some sort of effectivity before account is officially closed? Please help. I need to signup asap so I can screen applicants. P.S. the account I'm trying to register will use my business email. I'm currently using my personal email.

9 REPLIES 9
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Ceriaco,

What we can do is re-open your previous client account. You will be able to create a freelancer account from the same account, and then we can close the client aspect of it, thereby leaving it as only a freelancer account. Creating multiple accounts on Upwork is not allowed so upon resuming your previous account, we would close your new one. I see you already have an open ticket about this, so I'll follow up with the team and you can expect an update directly on the ticket. Thanks!

~Nina

Thanks, Nina. I'll wait the update in the ticket.

6e29d9ea
Community Member

Hi there, I have the same problem.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yaroslav,

I've received your private message and will assist you there with your concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bda1050f
Community Member

I have the same problem (Commenting from a temporary account)

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the email you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your message and assist you accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bda1050f
Community Member

sure

bda1050f
Community Member

Dear Nikola S

I am still waiting for your response

bda1050f
Community Member

I am still waiting for response in this. please help me. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths