cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification not received

Siew Joo C Member Since: May 12, 2017
1 of 7

Dear Upwork

I followed your instructions for email notifications but did not receive it still. Can the team look into this? Thanks for your help.

Warmest Regards

Siew Joo

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 7

Hi Siew Joo,

Could you please clarify if all email notifications from Upwork are missing for you? Could you please check your spam/junk folder and make sure your email settings aren't configured to block emails from Upwork.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Marc C Member Since: May 17, 2017
3 of 7

Hi Valeria, I'm replying here because I'm simply going around in circles trying to submit a similar request (something your people can also look into, it's not a good ticket system at all).

I, too, get no notifications. I haven't had anything since the joining emails in October 2016 - I get nothing for any proposals, etc, even though all boxes are ticked.

I have checked my spam folder, email rules, etc.

What am I missing?

Thank you, Marc

Highlighted
4 of 7

Marc,

It doesn't look like you've received any messages yet and none of your proposals have been declined. In other words, there haven't been any events for which you would have gotten email notifications yet.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
5 of 7

Morning Valeria,

Thank you so much for the reply, I see what you're saying; it makes perfect sense.

May I confirm one more thing, please: In my notification settings, under Freelancer and Agency Proposals, I ticked the "A proposal is submitted" box. Doesn't that mean I should get an email when I submit a proposal?

If I should get an email, which I'm not, that makes me worry I'm not getting invite or interview emails either.

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

Marc

Highlighted
6 of 7

Sorry about the confusion, Marc. I got a confirmation from the team that an email notification isn't sent when a freelancer submits a proposal by design. You can check if the proposal went through on your Find Work> Proposals page. We'll review the notification settings page and make sure it reflects correct settings in the future.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
7 of 7

No problem, at least we got it cleared up. Thanks for the help. M.