🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Email outside of Upwork
Page options
krisp1
Community Member

Email outside of Upwork

Hi! I'm pretty new here, and I have a potential client who messaged me asking some interview questions after I submitted a proposal. They're asking me submit the answers to their gmail address. It seems to me that this isn't allowed but I wanted to make sure before I (possibly incorrectly) let them know I could only communicate through Upwork. 

I appreciate the help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pgiambalvo
Community Member

This could very well be one of the many scams posted to Upwork. You can't communicate outside of Upwork until after a contract has been set up. Politely tell the client this and if they refuse to communicate with you through Upwork, they are probably a scammer. Plus, there is no reason you can't submit your answers directly in messages or even as an attachment.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pgiambalvo
Community Member

This could very well be one of the many scams posted to Upwork. You can't communicate outside of Upwork until after a contract has been set up. Politely tell the client this and if they refuse to communicate with you through Upwork, they are probably a scammer. Plus, there is no reason you can't submit your answers directly in messages or even as an attachment.

wescowley
Community Member

Until you have a contract with a client, you have to use Upwork's messenger or integrated Zoom to communicate with them. Once you have a contract, email is fine.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths