🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Email verification failed
Page options
grglaz
Community Member

Email verification failed!

Hello, i'm not able to verify my email.
The link of the verification mail is not working, landing to a page with a message.
I have tried two/three times with email resend but no luck.

Email verification failed!

Please make sure that you have copied and pasted the entire URL from your email in your browser.
If you are still having trouble verifying your email contact customer support.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Muhammad,

If you need help verifying your email, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

438 REPLIES 438
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Coco,

Please resend the email one more time, check your inbox and spam folder, make sure you've entered the email address correctly and lastly use the option to change the email address you provided if you are still having issues. Let us know if you received the confirmation email.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
6e31fd59
Community Member

My domain that I used to register my Upwork account went expired and so I lost access to that domain. Then, someone else bought it and now I don't have control of that domain and I need to change my email to another one. I already tied to change it but I don't see any emails arriving to the new email. I'm scared I really don't want to lose my account and I want to make sure my account will not get hacked. Please I plead to you, help me out also i can't seem to even log into the account any longer 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ifeoma,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gal_david_halabi
Community Member

Hi, 

I tried couple of times to re-send the verfication email and although I am sure the email address is correct, and I also checked spam/trash, nothing happens. 

Could you please check it on your end? 

Thanks

Hi Gal David,

I checked this for you and it looks like your email address was successfully verified. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
danny_tv
Community Member

I am not receiving any verification email. Already checked spam/junk.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Danny,

I checked and the confirmation email was sent to your email successfully. Make sure you've entered the email address correctly and lastly use the option to change the email address you provided if you are still having issues. Afterwards, please resend the email one more time, check your inbox and spam folder, check the settings for your email provider and make sure emails from Upwork aren't being blocked. Let us know if you received the confirmation email.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
e48a628e
Community Member

I've requested a re-send of my email confirmation and still have not received it. Is there some other way to confirm my email address so I can post a job notice?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rue,

I checked this for you and the confirmation email was sent to your email successfully. Make sure you've entered the email address correctly and lastly use the option to change the email address you provided if you are still having issues. Afterwards, Please resend the email one more time, check your inbox and spam folder, check the settings for your email provider and make sure emails from Upwork aren't being blocked. 

Let us know if you received the confirmation email.

~ Bojan
Upwork
wevansfreelance
Community Member

I've been trying to set up an account for about a week, however I cant get past the "verify your email" screen as Im not getting the email. I've tried resending it, and checked that my email is right, and nothing. It still doesn't work.

Hi Will,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try and send the verification email one more time? Please let us know if the issue persists and we can assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
87c86919
Community Member

I have asked three times for the Verification email. Every time it came without a link. How can I verify my email address without the link in the email? thanks
JoanneP

Hi Shraga,

I checked your account and it looks like one of our agents have already updated your ticket providing further assistance. Please refer to the information that the agent shared on the ticket so that you can complete your email verification. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
1a42efa3
Community Member

I keep getting the verification failed page even though I click on the link sent by Upwork.

I tried to contact support, but the page keeps sending me to my profile page.

Also I keep getting notified to verify my email address.

This unfortunately has been a very frustrating process to find talent here compared to my experience on Fiverr.

MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yadi,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues. Please try clearing your cookies and let us know if that resolves the issue.

Cheers,
Mike

I think I'm good now. The problem went away without me doing anything.

Thank you anyway, Mike.

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I try to post a job offer and I need to verify my email but I get constantly a "email verification failed" message. I already have cleared my cache and deleted cookies. What else can I do?

S

Hi Dagmar,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6f214278
Community Member

Thank you, much appreciated!
c2f35425
Community Member

I received verification email, and when I hit link to verify, the link said the verification failed. I followed the prompts copy url and paste to new screen browser, but this did nothing to resolve the matter.

Hi Chad,

I checked your account and it looks like you were able to verify your email successfully.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
6f30ddf9
Community Member

Hello, i'm not able to verify my email.
The link of the verification mail is not working, landing to a page with a message. Email verification failed!

Please make sure that you have copied and pasted the entire URL from your email in your browser.
If you are still having trouble verifying your email contact customer support .

Thanks

Issue resolved.

Hi there,

Thanks for letting us know. If you need any further assistance, feel free to post here in the Community.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
be265fdb
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my email so that I can post a new project. Whenever I click on the link to verify, it takes me to the help page. Before I can get help though, it pushes me to my project page. 

I've tried resending the email and that doesn't work either. 

Unless I can verify my email, I can't post the job.

Thanks for your help!

Mike, 

Can you help me get onboard? I can't verify my email and I'm going through a loop where I click on the link only to land for a millisecond on the help page before being taken to my project page. 

Thanks

Sara

Hi Sara,

I checked and it looks like you were able to verify your email address.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
underscorehao
Community Member

Hello,

I'm new and wanted to make an account, but unfortunatelly I haven't received a verification e-mail. I've tried the resend button a couple of times and I've checked all my e-mail boxes including spam and junk. My e-mail address is typed correctly.

Any assistance will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi Pavel,

I checked and it looks like you were able to verify your email.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
8c38daab
Community Member

I just signed up to upwork and you say your sending my confirmation email but it is not sending. Therefore I can't confirm. I've tried so many times. Please help

Hi Amy,

Could you please try sending the confirmation email one more time? Please let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
6e00a303
Community Member

Hi there

Can someone please assist in verifying my email address? I am not getting any verification email in my inbox, or junk folder.

Regards

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
gymcarry
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my email address but haven't found the verification email from Upwork. I've already tried re-sending the verification email several times and checked my junk/spam folders. I don't know what is the issue

Hi Ahsan,

Please check your junk and spam folders as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran!

I've checked spam/junk folders and waited about an hour before re-sending the verification email. But haven't received any mail yet.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahsan,

Could you please first confirm you've entered the email address correctly and lastly use the option to change the email address you provided if you are still having issues?

Let us know if you received the confirmation email.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
gymcarry
Community Member

Hi Bojan!

Thank you for your help. Changing the email address option worked and I received the mail. Much appreciated

amazingtechie
Community Member

Hi,

I need moderator support. I have issues to verify for my work email when sign up for a new account. I copied the verification link received from email and went to that link, but it said verification failed. Very odd. Please resend me another email. Thank you

Hi Chen,

We shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths