🐈
» Forums » Support » Email verification failed!
Page options
grglaz
Community Member

Email verification failed!

Hello, i'm not able to verify my email.
The link of the verification mail is not working, landing to a page with a message.
I have tried two/three times with email resend but no luck.

Email verification failed!

Please make sure that you have copied and pasted the entire URL from your email in your browser.
If you are still having trouble verifying your email contact customer support.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Muhammad,

If you need help verifying your email, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

438 REPLIES 438

Thank you for reaching back out and confirming this, Bo. Looks like you're all set. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
fd61652f
Community Member

Hello, I have never used Upwork, so today I tried to create an account, as stated in the Title, I tried to use my main email address but the site thinks it is already in use. When I tried to reset the password it failed due to invalid user name.

So I created this account with an alternate email address, when I tried to open a support ticket, I could not due to the age of my new account.

Can I please get some assistance with my primary email address issue?

Hi Kyle,

Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address associated with your main account? I'll look into that and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8619d6da6823f43f
Community Member

i am also not receiving my verification email. i need help receiving  the security code being sent to my primary email i use instead of it being sent  to my secondaary email i just logged in with. it says that i wont  receive another verification thing for aanother 7 days so, im wondering if i needd to wait that long for me to receive a new security  code in order to login with the email im not getting a code sent to?

Hi Donald,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
4acf9fc2
Community Member

Hello upwork team...

i made an account in upwork site but could not receive verify email. i tried for more than 3 time after and hour and request again to resend but it does not help...

Thanks for help 

Hi Ali,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9d7bf7c1
Community Member

I've made an account with Upwork and I am stuck at the verification of my email step because I am not recieving any verification mails. I've tried for hours on end but even after requesting multiple resends, the mail just won't come.

I've checked the junk folder and the spam folder and contact mailbox support too, and they tell me the mail never reached their servers.

help me resolve this issue please

Hi Alexandre,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
ec59aae4
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to sign up for UpWork and have not been able to recieve an e-mail verification link. I have resent the link multiple times and checked my Junk/Spam folders. I have tried several different e-mails as well and nothing has been sent. I tried to go through customer support but I was denied access to the customer support page for not having an active account. Can someone please assist me with this issue?

Thank you,

Meagan

Hi Meagan,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with this. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jeadrr
Community Member

Hello, I'm having trouble changing my email. I go to the section where I can change the email, I enter it and the platform sends a message to the new email I chose, which does not work, it tells me that there is a problem with the authentication. So there are no ways to solve this.

/
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

dda2b4dd
Community Member

Halo i am sania how i can help you 

Hi Jesus,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
df7215a2
Community Member

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem receiving an email verification link after many attempts (the email is not in the junk folder) and am unable to access the customer support page without a verified account. Would appreciate any assistance - thank you!

Hi Harrison,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance with your email verification concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
126658e4
Community Member

Hello,

I am new to upwork. I cannot verify my email (I tried 2 different) and I just never received the verification email from upwork. 

of course I already checked Junk, Spam etc. 

I cannot raise also a ticket becuase I am redirectd to the same page asking me to verify my email... Looks like a loop 

Hi Kyriakos,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
f1363e86
Community Member

Hi..

I have registered into upwork today. The registration was successful with my email id.

But,  I didnt receive verification email to verify my email account and proceed further.

Regards,

Muni

Hi Venkat,

We've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
0e24db3c
Community Member

I've made an account with Upwork and I am stuck at the verification of my email step because I am not recieving any verification mails. I've tried for hours on end but even after requesting multiple resends, the mail just won't come. 

I've checked the junk folder and the spam folder and contact the email provider support, and they said the mail hasnt hit their servers. Can anyone please help resolve this issue! 

The site is glitching (not sure if it's because I'm not verified) amd I not letting me access any support option!

Hi Adel,

We've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
11a0beac
Community Member

i need to change the email on my account. I am not receiving verification email to my new email. please help I been trying for a while now.

Hi Javier,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
d1ff69b0
Community Member

iam not reciveing my verification email 

Hi BM,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
582e57f7
Community Member

The email account I used for my freelancer profile is being terminated and I need to change it to a new email address. My profile is not accepting my new email address, it says it already exists.

If I don't change it soon, I will lose access to my account. Can you help?

Hi Monika,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. I'm sorry if you're having difficulties updating the email address on file. Rest assured that one of our agents will be in touch with you soon with more information and to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
eda51785
Community Member

I know my email is working and have checked my Spam and Trash folders. I've checked the SPAM folders. I'm being guided to Support but until I verify the email it takes me back to the same page.  I've exhausted everything. Thanks, Tom

"We just sent an email to the address: .....Please check your email and select the link provided to verify your address"

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for reaching out!  I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm at the end of setting up my account. It's been a while since I've used Upwork. Not sure how to solve the error above during new account setup. I have changed my company name and email.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Hi Thomas,

I'm sorry if you're still having difficulties setting up your profile. Please continue coordinating with the team through the ticket Joanne raised with your concerns. Rest assured that you'll be assisted accordingly to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ad2cbb8f
Community Member

I can not remember my password.  If I try to use my email to create a new account it says it is in use.  If I say I forgot password and request a new one it says invalid email.  I had to create an account with an email I do not want to use to post this.  Please help me.

Hi Leatrice,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ee1e4a97
Community Member

I've tried sending this email probably 20 times at this rate. Yes, the email is correct and yes, I've checked my spam folder. There should really be an easier way to get in touch with support. This seems like a common issue. Hoping to get this resolved.

Hi Lexy,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry you're having trouble receiving the verification email. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f12673b0
Community Member

Can someone please help me

I have an account and it's saying my mother's maiden name is incorrect evem though I logged in a few days ago with it and haven't changed it since and I know it's correct. When I go to reset it I don't receive the PIN from upwork to the registered email and nor can i reset the password even though i know the correct password and that works. I cannot receive any emails from upwork even though it's showing i received an email from upwork back in January. I don't remember the address and phone number I used so I cannot get upwork to help me and they're unwilling to let me speak to an agent. I'm at the wits end and just want to talk with upwork regarding this account to see what is going on.

My email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please can soemone from upwork help me... I know for a fact I did not change the maiden name and I can login the email and password but still don't get any emails to the same address i use to login from upwork!... so i have no way to reset the maiden name even though I know it's correct and it worked a few days ago... and I know for sure I didn't change it... I'm extremely confused!!

I have been getting angry at the pc all day becauase of this I have no idea... i have not received any email explaining what is wrong or anything... I assume the account is still active as I logged in just a few days ago and the password is still working just someone has changed my mother's maiden name or there is something wrong with the system... also i cannot explain why I'm not receiving any emails from upwork... I'd be willing to give upwork access to the email registered with the account so they can see for themselves that upwork seems to haveblocked it...

the email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please cam someone help becausse I was in the middle of hiring for a project and this is really stressful for me.

Can someone from UPWORK PLEEASE HELP ME! I CANNOT GET THROUGH TO YOU

Hi John,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you through the email address linked to your main account with more information and further assistance about your account concerns

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths