🐈
» Forums » Support » Email verification failed!
Page options
grglaz
Community Member

Email verification failed!

Hello, i'm not able to verify my email.
The link of the verification mail is not working, landing to a page with a message.
I have tried two/three times with email resend but no luck.

Email verification failed!

Please make sure that you have copied and pasted the entire URL from your email in your browser.
If you are still having trouble verifying your email contact customer support.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Muhammad,

If you need help verifying your email, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

446 REPLIES 446
1543e0ba
Community Member

I received the email, thank you!

a7302c79
Community Member

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Tried to verify my email through different browser and on my phone, however I'm getting the same error message:  Email verification failed! I also tried to change the email to my personal email however error message says: We were unable to update your email, please try again later. 

Hi Regina,

I checked and it looks like your email is verified. If you're still experiencing any issues please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
b4faff91
Community Member

I have not received the verification email to invite freelancers despite requesting it repeatedly and trying to 'get support'. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chris,

I checked and the confirmation email was sent to your email successfully. Make sure you’ve entered the email address correctly and lastly use the option to change the email address you provided if you are still having issues. Afterwards, Please resend the email one more time, check your inbox and spam folder, check the settings for your email provider and make sure emails from Upwork aren’t being blocked. Let us know if you received the confirmation email.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ab0546f5
Community Member

I am new to Upwork and am trying to verify my email. I received the email in my email account and clicked the embedded "verify email" button, which takes me to the Upwork site, where it tells me my job posting is in draft until I "verify my email address." I have tried a couple of times, but no luck. Not sure why it won't verify. Any suggestions are appreciated.

bilsim
Community Member

Ryan M wrote:

I am new to Upwork and am trying to verify my email. I received the email in my email account and clicked the embedded "verify email" button, which takes me to the Upwork site, where it tells me my job posting is in draft until I "verify my email address." I have tried a couple of times, but no luck. Not sure why it won't verify. Any suggestions are appreciated.

- try a different browser

- try clearing cookies/cache in your current browser

- try it from a different device

- check your spam folder

- restart your PC

- contact Upwork support

Hi Ryan,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
cacefd78
Community Member

Hello I have the same issue...I can't move further and email verification doesn't work. I am trying to post a job listing!

Hi Jada,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
b0e8dc3b
Community Member

Hello,

I registered today and got the confirmation email, when I press the link it says confirmed then it goes back to an email confirmation page and asks for it again (never ending loop). I tried resending to do it again but nothing happens, tried to change the email as well but it wont let me.

Could you please assist, my account is stuck on the email verification page.

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
0344bb6a
Community Member

When I click on the link in the verification email, a message appears: "Your account is already verified... Redirecting..." and I land on the same verification page telling me to verify my email. No matter what I click, I always come back to this verification page. If I click on the "Resend verification email" button, a red exclamation point appears at the top of the page with a box that could contain an error message but is empty instead.

Hi Luca,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
c9edd67a
Community Member

When I click "verify email" in the email from upwork it takes me to the posting page.

The posting page says this - "Verify your email address to post your job."

How do I fix this problem?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brennan,

I checked your account and it looks like you successfully verified your email address. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
c9edd67a
Community Member

I tried that and it didnt work. Any way for you to reset the email validation?

Hi Brennan,

Thanks for following up. Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
68cc3ef1
Community Member

Hi. I've created an Upwork account but have not received the verification email after several tries. My email address is:**Edited for Community Guidelines**. Please help.

Hi Joan,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
1dca1f6f
Community Member

I've requested the verification email multiple times, and it hasn't been sent to my email (I've checked the spam folder, too). How can I resolve this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jacob,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you with this concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
liparit
Community Member

Writing on behalve of person who tried to register. She have the same issue. She got the verification mail, but the link was failed. Now when she tries to login getting error "Oops! Username is incorrect." and getting another error message "This email is already in use" when trying to register.
Please help.

Hi Liparit, 

Please know that we're unable to share information about another user's account with you because of privacy reasons. Please let this person know she can reach out to us via our different support channels and we'll be happy to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
liparit
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for replay. Actually no need to share any data with me, How can I PM you her email (email she used to register)? So you can contact with her via her email or please mention the other support channel she can use.

205df7b2
Community Member

I set up an Upwork account a while ago and have since then tried requesting a text message to verify my account numerous times to no avail. I was looking for assistance with this matter. Thank you.

HI John Michael,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ff2c78a8
Community Member

It's been  5 -6  days and I haven't received my verification email. Can you please help me with this?

Thanks.

Hi Ehtesham,

Thank you for your message. I will have our support team contact you directly for further assistance.  

Thank you,

Pradeep 

Upwork
384e5972
Community Member

Hi there,

At the "Verify your email" step of creating a new upwork account, I clicked a few times on "Resend verification email" without success. (Now I reached the "maximum" number of verification sent.) My inbox is still empty and so is my spam/junk folder. My email address is otherwise working perfectly (I receive other emails).

Could anyone please help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Sean,

I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8f189fdd
Community Member

I am not receiving the verification email because I've misspelled the email account and now I cannot change or modificate it. 
How can I do to correct it and verificate my account? 

Hi Aldana,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to Upwork. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
15b2feeb
Community Member

The problem is not because of spam

Hi Tatjana,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
b296cba5
Community Member

I have signed up an account in Upwork and I am not recieving any verification emails. I've tried for days but even after requesting multiple resends, the mail just won't come.

I've also checked the junk folder and the spam folder.

Can somebody help me resolve this issue please?

Hi Loreta,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
mythprinceart
Community Member

I received a different email from Upwork about 18 minutes ago. Checked spam, etc. Not receiving the email after they requested me to verify (again) while trying to get to my settings.

I haven't used Upwork much but wow, it is a pain to get started.

Hi Andre,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I  checked your account and it looks like an agent is already assisting you on this matter. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. You may access your support ticket here for updates or if you have any questions so we can keep everything in one place.

~ AJ
Upwork
8098dc43
Community Member

I've made an account with Upwork and I am stuck at the verification of my email step because I am not recieving any verification mails. I've tried for hours on end but even after requesting multiple resends, the mail just won't come. 

I've checked the junk folder and the spam folder and contact Gmail support too, and they tell me the mail never reached their servers. 

Can somebody help me resolve this issue please!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths