cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails is associated with an inactive account

Highlighted
Yesica D Member Since: Apr 15, 2019
1 of 385

Hi there by trying to change the account type I had created with a different email address I closed it and now I can't get logged in. This is the error I got and I can't get to see where in the world the support is given. Also I can't even PM a moderator or so says I don't have such permission.

This email address is associated with an inactive account. Contact Upwork Support if you want to use this email address or register with another email address.
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
BEST ANSWER
2 of 385

Hi Yesica,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Yesica D Member Since: Apr 15, 2019
3 of 385

Hi Bojan I'll try Pm you right now! thanks

Chris B Member Since: Sep 1, 2019
4 of 385

I have the exact same problem whereby my preferred email is now signalled as inactive, because I deleted it rather than modifying it to be a freelancer as opposed to a client.

Can I reenable it please?

5 of 385

Just replying to myself so that I can subscribe for notifications when I get a reply

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 385

Hi Chris, 

I have reinstated your old account as requested. You may refer to this help article for more inormation on how you can setup a freelancer account within your client account. 

As a gentle reminder, please close this new account to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service. Thank you!

-Avery
Untitled
7 of 385

Hi Avery, 

Thank you very much for that - much appreciated & will do!

Best regards,

Chris

Patrick H Member Since: Apr 22, 2019
8 of 385

Hi,

I have similar issue, I have created an account with un email A. It was both Client and Freelancer. I wanted to get rid of the Freelancer account, and close the account. Turn out that Both account (Client and Freelancer) were closed. 

I try to sign up again with the same email A and got this message: "This email address is associated with an inactive account. Contact Upwork Support if you want to use this email address or register with another email address."

In order to log in and have a support, I have to create another account with email B (the one I am currently using right now). I found those thread from person who faced the same issue and try to PM Upwork Moderator 'Bojan S' but Access was denied. I got this message: "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."

Any help will be appreciate, thank you.

Patrick

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 385

Hi Patrick, 

I have reinstated your account as requested. To comply with the Upwork Terms of Service, please close this new account as user are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork. 

Let me know if I can assist you further with anything.

-Avery
Untitled
Liz C Member Since: May 17, 2019
10 of 385

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem as Patrick above if someone could help. 

Many Thanks!

Liz

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS