cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Re-open my previous account that I had to delete a few weeks ago.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
381 of 476

Hi Rahul,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with a username and email address of the account you need help with. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Romy B Member Since: Sep 28, 2019
382 of 476

I would like to restore my old deleted account associated with the following Gmail: **Edited for community guidelines** Pleaase at least I had experience there. Thank you.

383 of 476

Hi Romy,

Your account was restored as per your request. Please close your new account in order not to violate Upwork's ToS!

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Jean B Member Since: Oct 9, 2019
384 of 476

I have worked with Upwork since they merged with Elance. I had to delete my account a few weeks ago due to a serious family emergency. I recently opened a new freelancer account because I could not find a way to re-open my old account. I want to re-open that account and delete my new account. Please help.

Highlighted
385 of 476

Hi Jean,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with a username and email address of the account you need help with? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ash W Member Since: Oct 11, 2019
386 of 476

I am unable to open a support ticket. How do I do so? Please see attached when I am at the "My Requests" page.

The reason I'd like to open a support ticket: I forgot that I had an old upwork account and ended up opening a new account with the email address I'd like to use. I'd like to delete the partially created new account so that I can use said email address with my old account. Thanks.

387 of 476

Hi Ash,

Please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Joseph T Member Since: Oct 11, 2019
388 of 476

I have two freelance accounts for 2 different emails, and I can not use phone verify (for both of them).

how can I cancel the old one?

Why both of them give me "Phone number already use, try another phone number"?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
389 of 476

You're doing the right thing to consolidate your accounts. As you may already know, it is a serious violation of Upwork ToS for a freelancer to have multiple accounts.

There is no button or user interface tool to accomplish this task, however. You will need to work directly with Upwork Customer Support to consolidate your two accounts.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
390 of 476

Preston H wrote:

You're doing the right thing to consolidate your accounts.

You will need to work directly with Upwork Customer Support to consolidate your two accounts.

There is no such thing as "consolidating" two accounts. All there is is getting one closed without both getting suspended.

You know this fully well.

Why do you deceive the OP like that?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS