🐈
» Forums » Support » How Do I Reopen Closed Account
Page options
nilewadchan
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

How to restore an account closed accidently? 

Account username : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chandrakant,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

615 REPLIES 615
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chandrakant,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello! I accidently deleted mine too, please kindly help me out to restore my account back. 

Hello, I have the same problem, can you help me please?

Hi Dylan and Varshini, 

Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the username and registered email address of the account in question so I can check and assist you further?

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2d607054
Community Member

Hello, I sent you a message two weeks ago, any news?

Hi Dylan, 

Apologies for the delay on this. I'm sending you a private message in order to continue to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
84cda2f4
Community Member

Hi,

I need to revoke my account.  The account is closed accidentally while associating to an agency. 

Account: **Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi Varshini,

Please, refer to the message I've sent to you recently about your concern. I've already followed up with our support team and they'll be assisting the account owner directly with their account. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi,
I accidently closed my account while closing only client account. Now can't access to my whole account.

Kinldy help. Registered email was:**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks

Hi Tribhuvan,

Thank you for your message. Your email address shared on the post has been removed to adhere to our Community Guidelines. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Goran! I recently tried to make an account and then closed it. So I made a new one with a new email and was wondering what process I need to follow in order to use the other email for my account.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Hi Matt,

I would be happy to help. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the email you are referring to? 

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I had to close a previous account due to a name change I would like to restore this account email blabitapparel@protonmail.com

Hi,
I'm clicking that button 'Get Support' but it disapears and nothing happens. But I have this problem: I wanted to register a company account, but accidentaly clicked on the feelancer one. I closed that account but it doesn't allow me to register again under that email (I would like not to change it since it is corporate one). How could I not restore but make a new registration with that one email? Thank you.

Hi Tam,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
a907f8be
Community Member

Thank you, Andrea, I wrote you this morning. I'm sure you have a lot of work, but if it is only possible to solve this problem today it would be really cool. It's quite urgent question for me at work.

Very informative advise

d85d26ba
Community Member

I recently got back my closed account and already verified that it was me, i'm not really sure what happened but I was logged out and i can't log back in any more.

NB: I'm not sure if this is valuable information but just as I was logging back into my account, I closed the account i petitioned from. ( that's what happened before i got logged out of my account.)

Please I know I got it back before and i dont mean to be a bother but can you help me get it back again.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mathias,

Please feel free to reply directly to the email you received from our team explaining what happened. They should be able to help you with both your accounts so you're all set up correctly. 

~Andrea
Upwork
d85d26ba
Community Member

I recently got back my closed account and already verified that it was me,
i'm not really sure what happened but I was logged out and I can't log back
in any more.

NB: I'm not sure if this is valuable information but just as I was logging
back into my account, I closed the account I petitioned from. ( that's what
happened before i got logged out of my account.)
d85d26ba
Community Member

Please I still haven't gotten my account back, i'm not really sure if there's something I haven't done. Please i need help.

Hi Mathias,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the email address that's associated with the account in question so that I can assist you accordingly? Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
prasannalabs
Community Member

I created a new account with to start over my carrier (wanted to close the current account) but accidentally closed it while creating. Is there a way to restore that account because I want to use the same email address for upwork?

Hi Prasanna,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

I have sent you a PM

- Prasanna

d_gebeyehu
Community Member

Hi there!

I would like to use my deactivated agency account and would like to re-activate it again. how can I do that?

All the best

Daniel

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you.

Upon checking it looks like you already have another Agency open. Please know that you can only be the Agency Owner for one Agency.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you Andrea.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Andrea, yes I had/have an agency but it's not active and I can not edit or use it. I closed it before with the Upwork team's live support to deactivate it because I didn't need it at that Time. Any option to chat with a live agent.

Thank you.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I'll ask the team to look into this for you. They'll be reaching out directly via support ticket.

~Andrea
Upwork

It's all fixed now and I'm able to use it. Thank you again.

Regards,
Daniel
2a64da49
Community Member

Hello,

I accidentally deleted my account in upwork. Please can you help me reactivate it again and close this one?

Hi Sheila,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
2a64da49
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Did u receive my message?

Best regards,
Sheila

Hi Sheila,

I did, thank you for following up with me! I've already replied to your message directly and will continue to assist you there.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Hello, 

I closed my account out of confusion and I would like to restore it. I will close this account once I get access to my original one.

Hi Gracjan,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for your closed account?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello, i have same problem as you. I closed my account and would like to restore it too.. 

Community Member

Anyone can help me?..

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths