Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails is associated with an inactive account

Highlighted
Lisa M Member Since: Feb 18, 2020
571 of 1,074
Hi there,

I’ve had an upwork account going for a little while but today I logged in using the incorrect email which I didn’t realize and woke up an old account profile I had a while ago on upwork.

So now it seems I have 2 accounts. I’m not sure what to do, I only want 1 account.

Is there a way to merge the old with the current profile? Should I delete the old?

I’d really appreciate some advice on this.

Thanks so much!
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
572 of 1,074

Lisa:

If you have two accounts, you really can not "delete one and keep the other" on your own.

You really need to work with Upwork Customer Support to handle this properly.

If you are caught with two accounts, you could have all of your accounts suspended. But if you are proactive and go to Upwork and ask for help to close the extra account(s), they will work with you and you won't be in trouble.

Highlighted
573 of 1,074
Hi Preston thanks for your reply, I appreciate the input. I would very much like to reach out to support to get help with this but I haven’t been able to make contact. I’ve tried the “get help” button and the support page but both lead me in circles. Do you know how I can email support or open a support ticket?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
574 of 1,074

This thread has been flagged to get a moderator's attention. You could just wait for 24 hours before trying anything else. Somebody should be by to help you with this.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
575 of 1,074

Hi Lisa,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with a username and email address of your second account. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
576 of 1,074
Thank you!!
Highlighted
Asana T Member Since: Feb 21, 2020
577 of 1,074

Hello, 

I'd liek to reactivate my closed account. The link my close account is: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you!

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
578 of 1,074

Hi Asana,

I checked the link you shared, and it looks the account is active. You may log into your account to check. I would also like to remind you to please avoid creating a duplicate account as it is a violation of Upwork ToS. You may now close this account that you used to post here in the community. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
579 of 1,074

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for the reply. Last I tried loging into that account it said account doesn't exists. I'll close my current account and log-into the old account now.

Highlighted
580 of 1,074

Hi Joanne,

I'm having trouble in closing my new account, would you please help me into closing this account.

Thank you!