cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails is associated with an inactive account

Agata B Member Since: Jul 2, 2019
91 of 438

Hi,

Similar issue. As I was signing in I realised that I used shortcut for my name so I deleted my account to correct this mistake. When I tried to sign in properly (with correct name) I could not create an account with my email address and received this message:

“This email address is associated with an inactive account. Contact Upwork Support if you want to use this email address or register with another email address.”

I would like to create my account with this address.

To receive support and write here I created an account with another email address. I am aware that I can have only one account. I will delete this account afterwards.

Can you help me, please?

Best regards

Agata

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
92 of 438

Hi Agata,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Olexandr K Member Since: Jul 5, 2019
93 of 438

I tried to registr my account but didn't finished registration (didn't filled all formes in time and then registration was canceled).

When I try to sign up again with my email and account name - "account is already in use" and "This email address is associated with an inactive account. Contact Upwork Support if you want to use this email address or register with another email address"

How can I get back and finish my registration or delete inactive account to register from start. 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
94 of 438

Hi Olexandr,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account, thank you.

Untitled
Stephanie C Member Since: Jul 6, 2019
95 of 438

I'm having the same issue as well. I needed to create a new account with a separate email address just to post this question.  Can I recieve some assistance please?

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
96 of 438

Hi Stephanie,

Can you please send me a PM with your old account's email so I can check this for you? You cna PM me by clicking on my name. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Zee Z Member Since: Jul 13, 2019
97 of 438

Hi,

I tried to sign up  with the  email and got this message: "This email address is associated with an inactive account. Contact Upwork Support if you want to use this email address or register with another email address." I was unable to complete the registration first time. How can I use my previous email to sign up to Upwork?

In order to log in and have a support, I have to create another account with email B (the one I am currently using right now). I tried to PM Upwork Moderator 'Bojan S' but Access was denied. I got this message: "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."

Will appreciate any help:

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
98 of 438

Your account is ridiculously fake.

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
99 of 438

Hi Zee,

Could you please send me a PM with your username and email address of the account you need help with? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Mohamed F Member Since: Jul 15, 2019
100 of 438

Hello, 

I am facing same issue, I created an account before and now I want to start working as a freelancer but I cannot login and I cannot register a new account as it says it is inactive. and in order to send a message I had to make this new account. can you pls help?

I tried to message the moderator but I couldn't (not sufficient privilage). so what can I do?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS