cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails is associated with an inactive account

Veronika M Member Since: Jun 30, 2019
61 of 163

I have the same issue. I had a freelance account which I closed because I couldn't change to a client account. Now I set up another with another email but it won't let me change to my business email I want to use because it is associated with the inactive account. Can you please help me. 

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
62 of 163

Hi Veronika,

You can be both a freelancer and a client on Upwork. You will use the same account to log in to Upwork but will have two separate user profiles. You will be able to easily switch between the two as needed. To learn more, please check out this help article

Regarding your concern with using the email associated with your old Upwork account, if you prefer to use that email, we can reinstate your old account for you. Unfortunately, you cannot create a new account and use the email that is already associated with your closed account. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Veronika M Member Since: Jun 30, 2019
63 of 163

Thank you for the feedback. How can I reactive my account that has my business email I want to use? Thank you.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
64 of 163

Hi Veronika,

Please reach out to me via PM (Click on my name) with your email address and I will assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
Viney S Member Since: Jul 2, 2019
65 of 163

Hi,

I have an inactive account with my official email id, how can I get it released to create a new account?

66 of 163

Hi Viney,

Unfortunately you won't be able to create any new accounts. Opening more than one account is a serious violation of our TOS. Thank you.

Untitled
Viney S Member Since: Jul 2, 2019
67 of 163

It will be single account only against my name, new account will be under separate company and under separate ownership.

68 of 163

Hi Viney,

I would like to clarify that every freelancer is allowed to have only one account. Creating more than is a violation of our TOS.

Also, presenting misleading information on a profile is a violation of our TOS. Thank you.

Untitled
Agata B Member Since: Jul 2, 2019
69 of 163

Hi,

Similar issue. As I was signing in I realised that I used shortcut for my name so I deleted my account to correct this mistake. When I tried to sign in properly (with correct name) I could not create an account with my email address and received this message:

“This email address is associated with an inactive account. Contact Upwork Support if you want to use this email address or register with another email address.”

I would like to create my account with this address.

To receive support and write here I created an account with another email address. I am aware that I can have only one account. I will delete this account afterwards.

Can you help me, please?

Best regards

Agata

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
70 of 163

Hi Agata,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS