cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails is associated with an inactive account

Highlighted
T A Member Since: Sep 14, 2019
71 of 1,079

I created an account with **Edited for Community Guidelines** and then closed it. Now, If I want to signup again using this email, I get the message that the email is associated with an inactive account. How do I get my email address unblocked by UPwork. I can't find any customer support email address, Its very rare to find an opportunity to type your query here in community. Waiting for your kind assistance.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
72 of 1,079

Hi T,

You can only have one Upwork account.  If you would like to use the same email address, we can go ahead and reinstate the account you closed. However, if you prefer to have a new account, you will need to have a new email address. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Lucky M Member Since: Aug 5, 2020
73 of 1,079

Hi, I accidentally closed my account. Is it possible to reopen it

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
74 of 1,079

Hi Lucky,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your closed account. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Mona K Member Since: Jun 1, 2019
75 of 1,079

I have the same issue!  I tried to contact one of the upwork reps on this chain, but I think I'll need an invitation to start the conversation to fix my inactive email.

Many thanks!

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
76 of 1,079

Hi Mona,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please send me a PM with your old email address so that I can assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
77 of 1,079

Hey there!

The old email address is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Many thanks,
Mona

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
78 of 1,079

Hi Mona,

Unfortunately you won't be able to use your email on your new account since it's already is associated with another account. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
79 of 1,079

I can’t sign in into my old account with this email **Edited for community guidelines**

All I need is to be able to access it

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
80 of 1,079

Thank you for reaching out to us, Mona.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you with your request. Please close your new account in order not to violate Upwork's ToS. 

~ Bojan
Untitled