cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails is associated with an inactive account

T A Member Since: Sep 14, 2019
71 of 438

I created an account with **Edited for Community Guidelines** and then closed it. Now, If I want to signup again using this email, I get the message that the email is associated with an inactive account. How do I get my email address unblocked by UPwork. I can't find any customer support email address, Its very rare to find an opportunity to type your query here in community. Waiting for your kind assistance.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
72 of 438

Hi T,

You can only have one Upwork account.  If you would like to use the same email address, we can go ahead and reinstate the account you closed. However, if you prefer to have a new account, you will need to have a new email address. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Mona K Member Since: Jun 1, 2019
73 of 438

I have the same issue!  I tried to contact one of the upwork reps on this chain, but I think I'll need an invitation to start the conversation to fix my inactive email.

Many thanks!

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
74 of 438

Hi Mona,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please send me a PM with your old email address so that I can assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
75 of 438

Hey there!

The old email address is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Many thanks,
Mona

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
76 of 438

Hi Mona,

Unfortunately you won't be able to use your email on your new account since it's already is associated with another account. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

Untitled
77 of 438

I can’t sign in into my old account with this email **Edited for community guidelines**

All I need is to be able to access it

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
78 of 438

Thank you for reaching out to us, Mona.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you with your request. Please close your new account in order not to violate Upwork's ToS. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Kaspar V Member Since: Jun 26, 2019
79 of 438

So I deleted my account because I found out it's not possible to change the country. Now, I could not use my work email address to start creating the new account because I get the error - it's used by inactive account. Instead, I have the option to contact support but - for contacting support I need to log in and in order to do that I need to create another account... This whole process is just hilarous!
But back to the topic - how can I use my work email address?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
80 of 438

Hi Kaspar,

Unfortunately you won't be able to use your email to open a new account. But our team can assist you with reopening your old one and updating your country. 
One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further, thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS