cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Employer doesn't pay and not answers.

Zaza C Member Since: Jul 7, 2016
1 of 13

Hello everyone!

I have a question for advanced users or moderators.

Employer hired me and added amount in escrow.

Then, I did the job. Much more then employer asked in his proposal.

After then one month passed.

I tried to contact to him a lot of time.

He didn't answers and doesn't paid anything.

I requested milestone "requested payment for the milestone" 6 days ago but nothing happens.

Please tell me what I have to do at this moment?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 13

You should have submitted the work via the "submit work and request payment" button. Then you would have been paid ages ago.

Unless the client requests changes you get paid automatically 14 days after requesting it, so you have another 8 days to go.

3 of 13

Thenk you for your answer.

What do you think how about rating?

I really cear for my rating, I did my job more then he asked for sure, but  if customer is not sane?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 13

Zaza, you asked what if the client is not sane. You are a graphic designer. It is not your job to evaluate your client's mental health. Clients ask you to do graphic design for them. You should do the work you are contracted to do - no more and no less - and submit the work using the correct button. Then, if the client does nothing, you will get paid the full amount in escrow. Regardless of if the client is sane or not.

If you care about your rating, do a great job and do not pester clients unnecessarily.

Community Guru
5 of 13

When a client funds escrow, it is not really correct to say they didn't pay. They already paid when their credit card was charged to fund escrow. Of course it is great if they release payment quickly once we have finished and submitted our work. But if they do nothing and allow the money to be released to the freelancer automatically, that IS an option that Upwork allows.

6 of 13

Hello Preston, Thank you for your replay.

I work here about 1 year and always trying to do gret job Smiley Happy (I already earned more than 2k and have 95%)

I just first time at this kind situation, when employer didn't released fonds quickly once I finished job.

That is why I mentioned "sane" may be I used uncorrect word, but...

When you trying to contact to employer and he is not answering more than one month it's quite sad.

Community Guru
7 of 13

re: "When you trying to contact to employer and he is not answering more than one month it's quite sad."

When one of my clients doesn't reply after a month... it means I got paid 2 weeks ago.

8 of 13

Understood. Thanks for suggestion.

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
9 of 13

Just a 'so by the way'...there is apparently a problem with the automatic pay-out function that is supposed to come into play after 14 days...According to CS Upwork is aware of the problem but there is nothing in the works for rectifying it soon...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Carolyn G Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
10 of 13

Hi Irene,

You are correct, we do currently have a bug, however our Technical Support team is working on it, we just do not have an estimated resolution time. You will be updated on the ticket you have open with our Technical Support team, as will anyone else who experienced the issue and opened the ticket, we appreciate your patience.

~Carolyn
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS