🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Employer not added all milestones in offer
Page options
arpit_ka
Community Member

Employer not added all milestones in offer

Hi all,

I am new to Upwork. I dont know how things work here. I recieved an offer today on $200 project, but the employer only added $80 worth of milestones in it.

And asking approx 70% in it. Is it usual in Upwork that employers add milestones later?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
m_terrazas
Community Member

Yes it's normal.
But, be sure to perform "ONLY" the job for which the milestone is set.
For more information you can read this help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
m_terrazas
Community Member

Yes it's normal.
But, be sure to perform "ONLY" the job for which the milestone is set.
For more information you can read this help.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Arpit K wrote:

Hi all,

I am new to Upwork. I dont know how things work here. I recieved an offer today on $200 project, but the employer only added $80 worth of milestones in it.

And asking approx 70% in it. Is it usual in Upwork that employers add milestones later?

If your client is asking for 70% of the work to be done, then the milestone should be funded by 70%, i.e. $140 not $80. Personally I would ask them to fund the whole thing if it's only $200. You're allowed to negotiate terms if you're uncomfortable; you're under no obligation to agree to everything that a client suggests.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

In my own limited use of fixed price payments, I would not begin work on a project until a) all milestones had been agreed with the client and b) the first milestone is fully funded.

Maybe a) is not possible for some types of projects, but b) is a requirement without exception.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths