Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employment History Order/Image caption bug

Stephanie W Member Since: Jan 18, 2017
1 of 4

Hey,

I joined Upwork this month.

I'd like to know if there's a way I can re-order my work history. Currently, it's sorting by my employment start date as opposed to end date and I need to change the order of some of the roles so that the most relevant are showing first. Is there a way I can do this? Others have also asked this with no response.

Also, I have a bug in my portfolio pieces area, in that it won't save any edits I've made to image captions, or loses the caption info altogether when I edit other areas. I've tried re-saving on other browsers, re-uploading the images, and even looking at my profile as others see it straight after saving, as another person has done as a work-around but to no avail. Instead I have to delete and re-upload the entire section. Can anyone help with this? 

Much appreciated,
Steph

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 4

Hi Stephanie,

There is no option to change the order of items in the Employment History. They show from least recent to most recent for all users. If some items aren't relevant to the category of jobs you are planning to apply to on Upwork, you can omit them from your profile and focus on those that are relevant.

Are you experiencing the issue with your portfolio when you are using a different browser? Could you please clear your cache and cookies and try again?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Charles L Member Since: Jan 2, 2018
3 of 4

"They show from least recent to most recent for all users."

That isnt exactly true. if I have a job that started in 2002 and its still going on presently, it is sorted by the start date and ignores the fact that I am still currently working there. it is my more recent job but, its listed at the very bottom.

Scott M Member Since: Sep 12, 2019
4 of 4

This isn't true for me either, as I've had overlapping jobs.

As a result, the two positions that are current are sandwiched between two positions that I haven't held for years and two from the very beginning of my career.

This isn't helpful at all and presents less current information about my career first.

Please tell me there is some solution that's been rolled out in the last 2.5 years.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS