🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Ended Contract By Mistake before payment
Page options
alexinnyc
Community Member

Ended Contract By Mistake before payment

I ended contract by mistake after completing the job. How do I submit work for payment?  

Client already reviewed and gave me 5 stars. 

Please advise. 

9 REPLIES 9
msublette
Community Member

I had this happen to me.  I was able to reach out to the client and have them pay me via bonus in the contract even though it was closed.  I was working with them mostly through email, so I was able to send them the work via email, but you can still send your work through the Upwork message system even if the contract is closed.

yeasir_arafat_13
Community Member

Did you complete any milestone before and got payments on the contract?

Or it was a single milestone contract?

If you had completed any milestone before then you can request the client to send you the payments as a bonus. Also, the client can hire you on another contract and release payments.

But if it was a single milestone job and you ended the contract mistakenly then how you got 5 stars?

whatever, in this case, the client won't be able to send you the payment as a bonus, you can get the payments if the client hires you on another contract and release payments.

Yeasir A wrote:

whatever, in this case, the client won't be able to send you the payment as a bonus, you can get the payments if the client hires you on another contract and release payments.

Nonsense! (again)

The client can pay as a bonus anyway.

PLEASE stop (!!!) giving advice when you have no idea what you are talking about. Why in the world would the client not be able to give a bonus? There is no need in the world to hire him on another contract to release payment.

Stop it!

On an hourly contract with an hour logged it does not matter if the job was closed, the hour worked will be automatically billed and paid. There no nee to panic, no need for a bonus and no need for any extra contracts.

All that is needed is relax and wait and people not talking nonsense what is needed.

How can a client send a bonus on no earning contract, Petra?
The case you're pointing was for when there is nothing paid within the contract.

In this type of job, client can not send any bonus.

Another thing this job will not appear in job history, where would bonus amount be shown in job history?

Yeasir A wrote:
How can a client send a bonus on no earning contract, Petra?

1. no need because it is hourly

2. if it was fixed rate there would be money in Escrow, but either way the "give bonus" function exists for either type, both hourly and fixed rate. It does not matter if there was a payment made previously.

Yeasir A wrote:

The case you're pointing was for when there is nothing paid within the contract.

So? There is a "make a payment" function anyway. How many freelancers have you hired and paid? How familiar are you with the client interface? (clearly "not at all" )

Yeasir A wrote:

In this type of job, client can not send any bonus.

Absolute nonsense. Of course the client could send a bonus (but there is no need in this case.) Why do you lie to your fellow freelancers?

Yeasir A wrote:

Another thing this job will not appear in job history, where would bonus amount be shown in job history?

Of course  it will (eventually) - all contracts with money paid appear in the job history eventually.           once payment is processed it shows.

Again. Unless you know what you are talking about,  do not comment because you keep giving poor, bad, and even damaging advice. Stop it.

What would be the feedback in job history if it was ended as no earning job earlier?
As you're suggesting adding bonus would make it appear in job history so what would be the feedback on the job, as earlier it there was no public feedbac?

Yeasir A wrote:
What would be the feedback in job history if it was ended as no earning job earlier?
As you're suggesting adding bonus would make it appear in job history so what would be the feedback on the job, as earlier it there was no public feedbac?

What? It wasn't ended as a "no earnings" job. Hourly contracts and their feedback show after the  logged hours have been billed and charged.

ANY contracts will show after money was processed.

Yeasir, you don't know what the hell you are talking about so stop lying to and misleading people.

OP never said it was an hourly contract.

He mentioned "submit work" which is applicable for fixed price contract!

And I discussed about a case if the job was no earning, on that case clearify my previous question what would be the feedback then, if bonus had sent?

Yeasir A wrote:
OP never said it was an hourly contract.

He didn't have to.

In either case (fixed or hourly) the client could, if needed, pay a bonus on the closed contract.

However, on an hourly contract with time logged the client is charged on Monday automatically.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths