🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Ending a contract where client's payment meth...
Page options
nazaradn
Community Member

Ending a contract where client's payment method is unverified

Hi, I am a newbie to Upwork and I have received an offer from a new client who registered 3 days back where the Escrow was reflecting as funded but payment method as Unverified. So I had inquired about the status of payment method with the client before accepting offer and he assured that it is under process and it will be done soon. Hence I had accepted the offer considering that being a new client he may do it and I have completed the work as well. But his payment method is still unverified even though I had requested him many times to verify it as he was forcing me to submit the work. I have told him that I will not submit the work until he verify it and I feel it is a scam since he is not responding now.

Request your expertise to clarify the following
1. Can I end the contract from my end post waiting for few more days?
2. Will he be able to give feedback ( Private and Public) for a not funded and unverified contract.
3. Will it impact my JSS if he leaves any negative feedback ( Public or Private)
4. Can I report this to CS to avoid any impact on my JSS
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yitwail
Community Member

Yes.

2. Will he be able to give feedback ( Private and Public) for a not funded and unverified contract.

Private only.

3. Will it impact my JSS if he leaves any negative feedback ( Public or Private)

It can.

You should report that he's forcing you to submit work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
yitwail
Community Member

Yes.

Private only.

It can.

You should report that he's forcing you to submit work.

Learning Paths