🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Ending contract by freelancer
Page options
58fd0893
Community Member

Ending contract by freelancer

Hi Hope you can help me. I have completed a project and I submitted the work and  the client was happy. But I noticed that the contract is not ended and I couldn't leave a feedback so I decided to end it myself...Silly but when I clicked on "end contract" I didn't read the message that popped up and I ended it. After that I decided to do the same and the pop up message was saying that if I end a contract the payment will not going to be in the escrow anymore. Does this mean that I lost the payment? The project was paid my milestones but I don't know if that makes any difference. Please help me cause I hope I didn't loose my money. 

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Stella,

Just to confirm that the funds were already approved and transferred to you, at the moment they are under the Pending stage. 

If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you very much for that! Could you also tell me how I can withdraw
them?

Regards,
Stella

Stella R wrote:
Thank you very much for that! Could you also tell me how I can withdraw
them?

Regards,
Stella

There's a process: If you go to "Reports" on your home page you will see "Work in Progress - In Review - Pending - Withdraw". Your money is probably in "Pending" and will take a few days to clear before you can withdraw it. 

Hi Stella,

Once the funds are available to you (after our 5 days security period) you will be able to withdraw them. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths