🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Ending fixed-price contract without charg...
Page options
cwundes
Community Member

Ending fixed-price contract without charging anything will affect my JSS?

Hi there! I've been in UpWork for less than two weeks and now I'm having a doubt (both the client and me are new!).

He hired me to make a logo, placed a milestone, finally after kindly talking and me letting him know that I don't have the enough time to deliver a high quality logo I told him I will not charge him for the samples and ideas I gave him, he told kindly that he had been designing one in placeit logo maker so we are both happy. 

The thing is I need to end the contract without this affecting mi JSS, as I'm new... and because although I'm not charging him, I gave him lots of options.

What should I do/ask the client to do?

Thank you very much!!! Smiley Happy

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
robin_hyman
Community Member

If you want to prevent this from negatively affecting your JSS and if you've had a great relationship with the client thus far, consider asking for a nominal fee ($5).  You would do this if you trust the client will provide positive feedback publicly and privately.

Or as Preston mentioned, you can let this contract close without payment.  You'll need a few contracts before you even receive a JSS.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "The thing is I need to end the contract without this affecting my JSS..."

That is not necessarily an option.

If you feel like ending the contract without getting paid is the right thing for you to do... Then go ahead and do it. Even if it negatively affects your JSS.

robin_hyman
Community Member

If you want to prevent this from negatively affecting your JSS and if you've had a great relationship with the client thus far, consider asking for a nominal fee ($5).  You would do this if you trust the client will provide positive feedback publicly and privately.

Or as Preston mentioned, you can let this contract close without payment.  You'll need a few contracts before you even receive a JSS.  

Thank you Robin ! I'll do that, yes I already have 96% JSS ! 

I'll ask for the $5 nominal fee. Thank you so much!

Thank you again Robin!!! He gave me 10 (it was a $25 work, I offered $2 hah) and hope he leaves a good review! 🙂 

That's awesome!  Congrats!  Glad it worked out. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths