🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » English Name Spelling Problem
Page options
4bee06ed
Community Member

English Name Spelling Problem

Hello

I was going to add my visa card to the Upwork account to buy the connects today.

But on my card, the name is "Evgeniy **edited for Community Guidelines**" and my Upwork profile name is "Eugene **edited for Community Guidelines**".
And my Russian Name is "Евгений **edited for Community Guidelines**" and "Евгений" can translate with "Eugene" or "Evgeniy" as English. so I created my Upwork name as "Eugene"

But yesterday I heard I should add the correct name for Upwork billing in the Upwork webinar and I checked it on the Upwork forums.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Different-Name-Payoneer-Card/td-p/441232

So how can I fix this problem simply?
I look forward to hearing the good news from you.

Sincerely.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Eugene,

Yes that is correct. Once the review is completed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eugene, 

It doesn't look like you have tried adding a billing method to your account just yet. Once you add a billing method, it will go through an automatic name review. If there are issues, it will go through a manual name review. If you need further assistance with anything, please don't hesitate to update this thread.

~ Avery
Upwork
4bee06ed
Community Member

Yes, I did not add the billing method yet.

So I should change my name on the Upwork profile as Card's Name? "Evgeniy"
Or I can add my card with the Spelling issue at now? "Eugene"

Hi Eugene,

In order for your method to be accepted your Upwork name needs to match your card name. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Just fixed my name as Card's name spell.

But it is under review. Smiley Sad

Hi Eugene,

Yes that is correct. Once the review is completed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
udoyon
Community Member

I can't get my name to be spelled correctly as in my national ID and in other payment gateways. However, once I edited but its not showing. What can I do........???

Hi M Alimul,

Thank you for your message. I see that your last name change request is already approved and there is no new request initiated on your account at this moment.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths