🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: English test never taken, but seems to th...
Page options
dbstahl
Community Member

English test never taken, but seems to think it was.

Hello, last night, as a new user I was reading the cover page for the basic English but it was late so I decide to wait until the morning to take the test.  I never began the test.  Now that I'm back and ready to go, I get the message that I can't take the test until July.  Obviously, the system thinks that I began the test and ran out of time.  Unfortunately, as a writer, this site is of little use to me if I can't pass a basic English test.  Help!  And, thanks in advance.

Dave S.

6 REPLIES 6
yitwail
Community Member

David, perhaps a moderator will come by and reset your account so you can retake that test sooner, but if not, there are numerous other English tests you can take in the meantime, such as "English Test for Writers" to give an example.

As a new user to UpWork, I was assigned a topic for my test essay last night.  I just now returned to write the essay and I can't seem to navigate to the proper location.  Where is my essay page?  Thanks in advance!

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi David,

Could you please clarify which English test you were attempting? There are quite a few English tests, did you find it via a job posting or in your 'Find Work' tab? Also, please provide the same information regarding the essay you were assigned. We'll use this information to locate the tests and have them reset if necessary.

~Nina

Thank you, Nina.  The test I am attempting to take is English Spelling (US Version).  I read about the test late last night and thought I'd come back to take it today.  I know I didn't start the test.  But it seems the system disagrees, telling me I must wait until July.  Lesson learned; I won't read about the test details until I'm in a position to start the test immediately.

The essay I was assigned was titled "Writing an Appealing Resume", or something like that.  This was last bight.  Since I have two days to complete it, I thought I'd get some rest and start it today.  I just can seem to find the webpage.

Dave S.

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello David,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reset your test shortly. Thank you.

Untitled
dbstahl
Community Member

This has now been resolved.  Thanks to everyone for your kind assistance!  Dave S.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths